Cyclophosphamide and Thrombocytopenia - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 149,447 people who have side effects when taking Cyclophosphamide. Thrombocytopenia is found, especially among people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take Methotrexate and have Non-hodgkin's lymphoma.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Cyclophosphamide and have Thrombocytopenia. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
149,447 people reported to have side effects when taking Cyclophosphamide.
Among them, 9,104 people (6.09%) have Thrombocytopenia.
What is Cyclophosphamide?
Cyclophosphamide has active ingredients of cyclophosphamide. It is used in multiple myeloma. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 169,918 Cyclophosphamide users.
What is Thrombocytopenia?
Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood) is found to be associated with 4,172 drugs and 4,724 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 269,164 people who have Thrombocytopenia.
Number of Cyclophosphamide and Thrombocytopenia reports submitted per year:
Time on Cyclophosphamide when people have Thrombocytopenia *:
Gender of people who have Thrombocytopenia when taking Cyclophosphamide*:
Age of people who have Thrombocytopenia when taking Cyclophosphamide *:
Common drugs people take besides Cyclophosphamide *:
Common side effects people have besides Thrombocytopenia *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Cyclophosphamide and have Thrombocytopenia?Check whether Thrombocytopenia is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- YavasogluI, I., TurgutkayaII, A., & BolamanIII, Z., "Chlorella-induced thrombocytopenia", DATA, 2018 Jan .
- Rasmy A, Rahal M, Kisana M, Ahmad S, Salah A, "Morphine induced thrombocytopenia: A case report", Journal of Case Reports and Images in Oncology, 2015 Dec .
- Onder H, Arsava EM, Arat A, Topcuoglu MA, "Acute middle cerebral artery occlusion treated by thrombectomy in a patient with myelodysplastic syndrome and severe thrombocytopenia", Journal of vascular and interventional neurology, 2015 Jan .
- Hu P, Lu L, Hu B, Deng F, Fei WJ, "Cyclophosphamide‐Induced Hypertensive Encephalopathy in a Young Girl With Lupus", The Journal of Clinical Hypertension, 2012 Apr .
Cyclophosphamide side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Cyclophosphamide side effects (169,918 reports)
Thrombocytopenia treatments and more:
- Thrombocytopenia (269,164 reports)
Common drugs associated with Thrombocytopenia:
- Revlimid: 14,033 reports
- Prednisone: 11,599 reports
- Aspirin: 10,558 reports
- Dexamethasone: 10,093 reports
- Cyclophosphamide: 9,104 reports
- Carboplatin: 9,097 reports
- Methotrexate: 9,000 reports
- Allopurinol: 8,019 reports
- Omeprazole: 7,556 reports
- Lopurin: 7,369 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Thrombocytopenia:
- Thrombocytopenia (4,172 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Thrombocytopenia:
- Multiple myeloma: 19,704 reports
- High blood pressure: 10,211 reports
- Ovarian cancer: 5,895 reports
- Pain: 5,887 reports
- Hepatitis c: 5,620 reports
- Preventive health care: 5,171 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Thrombocytopenia:
- Thrombocytopenia (4,724 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on cyclophosphamide (the active ingredients of Cyclophosphamide) and Cyclophosphamide (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Flomax and Hydrocele - 2 seconds ago
- Integrilin and Hypersensitivity - 6 seconds ago
- Remicade and Dry Throat - 15 seconds ago
- Percocet and Ciprodex drug interaction - 18 seconds ago
- Nexium 24Hr and Linagliptin drug interaction - 20 seconds ago
- Remicade and Catheter Related Complication - 26 seconds ago
- Depakote and Elocon drug interaction - 33 seconds ago
- Klonopin and Gastric Dilatation - 35 seconds ago
- Alendronate Sodium and Gravitational Oedema - 36 seconds ago
- Promethazine and Permethrin drug interaction - 41 seconds ago