Cytotec and Pulmonary embolism - from FDA reports
Pulmonary embolism is found among people who take Cytotec, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Voltaren, and have Abortion induced. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 4,173 people who have side effects when taking Cytotec from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
4,173 people reported to have side effects when taking Cytotec.
Among them, 30 people (0.72%) have Pulmonary embolism
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Cytotec when people have Pulmonary embolism *:
- < 1 month: 88.89 %
- 1 - 6 months: 11.11 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Pulmonary embolism when taking Cytotec *:
- female: 56.67 %
- male: 43.33 %
Age of people who have Pulmonary embolism when taking Cytotec *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 22.22 %
- 30-39: 14.81 %
- 40-49: 7.41 %
- 50-59: 29.63 %
- 60+: 25.93 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Abortion Induced (medically referred abortion): 4 people, 13.33%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 3 people, 10.00%
- Renal Cell Carcinoma (a kidney cancer): 3 people, 10.00%
- Metastases To Bone (cancer spreads to bone): 2 people, 6.67%
- Lung Adenocarcinoma (a form of non-small cell lung cancer): 2 people, 6.67%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Voltaren: 4 people, 13.33%
- Sunitinib Malate: 3 people, 10.00%
- Bricanyl: 3 people, 10.00%
- Rocephin: 3 people, 10.00%
- Oxycontin: 3 people, 10.00%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stroke (sudden death of a portion of the brain cells due to a lack of oxygen): 4 people, 13.33%
- Deep Venous Thrombosis (blood clot in a major vein that usually develops in the legs and/or pelvis): 4 people, 13.33%
- Heart Attack: 3 people, 10.00%
- Chest Pain: 3 people, 10.00%
- Anorectal Abscess: 3 people, 10.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Pulmonary embolism while taking Cytotec?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Pulmonary embolism
- Subscribe to monitor Pulmonary embolism in Cytotec
You are not alone:
Cytotec has active ingredients of misoprostol. It is often used in abortion. (latest outcomes from Cytotec 4,215 users)
Pulmonary embolism (blockage of the main artery of the lung) has been reported by people with birth control, pain, multiple myeloma, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 110,638 Pulmonary embolism patients).
Drugs that are associated with Pulmonary embolismPulmonary embolism (2,759 drugs)
Could your condition cause Pulmonary embolismPulmonary embolism (2,459 conditions)
Cytotec side effects
- Cytotec side effects (4,176 reports)
Browse all side effects of Cytoteca b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Meniere'S Disease with Celebrex? - now
- Will you have Hydrops with Celebrex? - now
- Will you have Endolymphatic Hydrops with Celebrex? - now
- Will you have Menieres with Celebrex? - now
- Will you have Job Change with Sinemet? - 2 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- Prediction of Metformin for a 73 year old man - 12 minutes ago
- A study for a 30 year old man who takes Probiotics - 16 minutes ago
- A study for a 74 year old woman who takes Imodium, Wellbutrin - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 51 year old woman who takes Depo-provera, Ferrous Fumarate, Potassium, Calcium, Ketamine Hydrochloride, Omeprazole, Botox, Gabapentin - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 72 year old man who takes Metoprolol Succinate, Atorvastatin Calcium, Hydrochlorothiazide, Cialis, Gabapentin, Lisinopril - 4 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.