Demadex and Joint contracture - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 5,231 people who have side effects when taking Demadex. Joint contracture is found, especially among people who are female, 40-49 old, also take Magnevist and have Nuclear magnetic resonance imaging abdominal.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Demadex and have Joint contracture. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
5,231 people reported to have side effects when taking Demadex.
Among them, 11 people (0.21%) have Joint contracture.
What is Demadex?
Demadex has active ingredients of torsemide. It is used in heart failure. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 5,272 Demadex users.
What is Joint contracture?
Joint contracture (a permanent shortening of a muscle or joint) is found to be associated with 1,078 drugs and 598 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 1,860 people who have Joint contracture.
Number of Demadex and Joint contracture reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Joint contracture when taking Demadex *:
- female: 54.55 %
- male: 45.45 %
Age of people who have Joint contracture when taking Demadex *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 27.27 %
- 40-49: 45.45 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 27.27 %
Common drugs people take besides Demadex *:
- Omniscan: 10 people, 90.91%
- Magnevist: 10 people, 90.91%
- Sensipar: 8 people, 72.73%
- Renagel: 8 people, 72.73%
- Prednisone: 7 people, 63.64%
- Clonidine: 6 people, 54.55%
- Spironolactone: 6 people, 54.55%
- Miacalcin: 5 people, 45.45%
- Multihance: 5 people, 45.45%
- Myfortic: 5 people, 45.45%
Common side effects people have besides Joint contracture *:
- Musculoskeletal Stiffness (stiffness of the body's muscles, joints, tendons, ligaments and nerves): 11 people, 100.00%
- Pain: 10 people, 90.91%
- Nephrogenic Systemic Fibrosis (involves fibrosis of skin, joints, eyes due to kidney disease): 10 people, 90.91%
- Skin Tightness: 10 people, 90.91%
- Skin Induration (an abnormally hard spot or area on the skin): 10 people, 90.91%
- Skin Hyperpigmentation (disorders affect the colour of your skin): 8 people, 72.73%
- Weakness: 8 people, 72.73%
- General Physical Health Deterioration (weak health status): 8 people, 72.73%
- Scar: 8 people, 72.73%
- Skin Hypertrophy (skin cells enlarges): 8 people, 72.73%
Common conditions people have *:
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Imaging Abdominal: 7 people, 63.64%
- Phosphorus Metabolism Disorder: 3 people, 27.27%
- High Blood Pressure: 3 people, 27.27%
- Diabetes: 3 people, 27.27%
- Depression: 3 people, 27.27%
- Computerised Tomogram Abdomen: 3 people, 27.27%
- Blood Phosphorus Abnormal: 3 people, 27.27%
- Bleeding Disorders: 3 people, 27.27%
- Anaemia Of Chronic Disease: 3 people, 27.27%
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Imaging Brain: 2 people, 18.18%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Demadex and have Joint contracture?Check whether Joint contracture is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Demadex side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Demadex side effects (5,272 reports)
Joint contracture treatments and more:
- Joint contracture (1,860 reports)
Common drugs associated with Joint contracture:
- Magnevist: 600 reports
- Omniscan: 480 reports
- Optimark: 353 reports
- Multihance: 321 reports
- Prohance: 281 reports
- Coumadin: 254 reports
- Prednisone: 236 reports
- Renagel: 226 reports
- Phoslo: 182 reports
- Aspirin: 152 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Joint contracture:
- Joint contracture (1,078 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Joint contracture:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 131 reports
- High blood pressure: 125 reports
- Pain: 111 reports
- Osteoporosis: 106 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Joint contracture:
- Joint contracture (598 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on torsemide (the active ingredients of Demadex) and Demadex (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Oyster Shell Calcium and Alendronate Sodium drug interaction - now
- Tramadol and Lung Cancer - Small Cell - now
- Letrozole and Cisplatin drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Botox and Enlarged Prostate - 3 seconds ago
- Haloperidol and Nervousness - 6 seconds ago
- Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen and Zantac 300 drug interaction - 12 seconds ago
- Metronidazole and Eye Movements - Uncontrollable - 15 seconds ago
- Singulair and Thyroid Cancer - 20 seconds ago
- Methotrexate and Hepatitis Chronic Active - 22 seconds ago
- Dimenhydrinate and Sildenafil Citrate drug interaction - 23 seconds ago