Eliquis and Glossitis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 170,201 people who have side effects when taking Eliquis. Glossitis is found, especially among people who are male, 60+ old, also take Lasix and have High blood pressure.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Eliquis and have Glossitis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
170,201 people reported to have side effects when taking Eliquis.
Among them, 28 people (0.02%) have Glossitis.
What is Eliquis?
Eliquis has active ingredients of apixaban. It is used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 172,287 Eliquis users.
What is Glossitis?
Glossitis (infection of tongue with soreness) is found to be associated with 1,346 drugs and 850 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 5,089 people who have Glossitis.
Number of Eliquis and Glossitis reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Glossitis when taking Eliquis *:
- female: 46.43 %
- male: 53.57 %
Age of people who have Glossitis when taking Eliquis *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 4.35 %
- 50-59: 8.7 %
- 60+: 86.96 %
Common drugs people take besides Eliquis *:
- Lasix: 8 people, 28.57%
- Amlodipine: 7 people, 25.00%
- Oxycodone: 5 people, 17.86%
- Vitamin D3: 5 people, 17.86%
- Vitamin B12: 5 people, 17.86%
- Cabometyx: 5 people, 17.86%
- Vyndaqel: 4 people, 14.29%
- Nicotinamide: 4 people, 14.29%
- Pantoprazole: 4 people, 14.29%
- Apixaban: 4 people, 14.29%
Common side effects people have besides Glossitis *:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 10 people, 35.71%
- Dizziness: 9 people, 32.14%
- Breathing Difficulty: 9 people, 32.14%
- Weight Decreased: 8 people, 28.57%
- Vision Blurred: 8 people, 28.57%
- Abdominal Pain Upper: 8 people, 28.57%
- Drowsiness: 8 people, 28.57%
- Body Height Decreased: 7 people, 25.00%
- Joint Pain: 7 people, 25.00%
- Headache (pain in head): 7 people, 25.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- High Blood Pressure: 8 people, 28.57%
- Cardiac Amyloidosis (protein deposition in heart): 7 people, 25.00%
- Stroke (sudden death of a portion of the brain cells due to a lack of oxygen): 7 people, 25.00%
- Cardiomyopathy (weakening of the heart muscle): 7 people, 25.00%
- Renal Cell Carcinoma (a kidney cancer): 6 people, 21.43%
- Pain: 5 people, 17.86%
- Weakness: 4 people, 14.29%
- Atherosclerosis (disorder of the arteries): 4 people, 14.29%
- Cardiac Failure Congestive: 4 people, 14.29%
- Vitamin D Decreased: 4 people, 14.29%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Eliquis and have Glossitis?Check whether Glossitis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Eliquis side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Eliquis side effects (172,287 reports)
Glossitis treatments and more:
- Glossitis (5,089 reports)
Common drugs associated with Glossitis:
- Motrin: 367 reports
- Prednisone: 248 reports
- Children's motrin: 218 reports
- Omeprazole: 202 reports
- Fosamax: 158 reports
- Pantoprazole: 150 reports
- Aspirin: 144 reports
- Singulair: 133 reports
- Methotrexate: 126 reports
- Gabapentin: 126 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Glossitis:
- Glossitis (1,346 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Glossitis:
- High blood pressure: 186 reports
- Osteoporosis: 179 reports
- Renal cell carcinoma: 149 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 139 reports
- Pain: 137 reports
- Asthma: 129 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Glossitis:
- Glossitis (850 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on apixaban (the active ingredients of Eliquis) and Eliquis (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Restoril and Eylea drug interaction - 11 seconds ago
- Propoxyphene Hydrochloride and Aspirin drug interaction - 13 seconds ago
- Siliq and Aleve drug interaction - 36 seconds ago
- Alendronate Sodium and Omniscan drug interaction - 37 seconds ago
- Qvar 40 and Intervertebral Disc Protrusion - 39 seconds ago
- Omega-3-Acid Ethyl Esters and Viagra drug interaction - 52 seconds ago
- Auryxia and Ondansetron drug interaction - a minute ago
- Colecalciferol and Hepatitis C - a minute ago
- Trulicity and Blood Urine Present - a minute ago
- Lisinopril and Macrobid drug interaction - 2 minutes ago