Eylea and Blindness transient - from FDA reports
Blindness transient is found among people who take Eylea, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Crestor, and have Age-related macular degeneration. This review analyzes which people have Blindness transient with Eylea. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 6,671 people who have side effects when taking Eylea from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 31, 2017
6,671 people reported to have side effects when taking Eylea.
Among them, 176 people (2.64%) have Blindness transient
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Eylea when people have Blindness transient *:
- < 1 month: 72.86 %
- 1 - 6 months: 12.86 %
- 6 - 12 months: 2.86 %
- 1 - 2 years: 7.14 %
- 2 - 5 years: 4.29 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Blindness transient when taking Eylea *:
- female: 57.78 %
- male: 42.22 %
Age of people who have Blindness transient when taking Eylea *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 2.78 %
- 50-59: 4.17 %
- 60+: 93.06 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Age-Related Macular Degeneration (69 people, 39.20%)
- Diabetic Retinal Oedema (12 people, 6.82%)
- Retinal Vessel Occlusion (6 people, 3.41%)
- Diabetic Retinopathy (6 people, 3.41%)
- Macular Oedema (5 people, 2.84%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Metformin (6 people, 3.41%)
- Crestor (6 people, 3.41%)
- Insulin (5 people, 2.84%)
- Novolog (4 people, 2.27%)
- Fish Oil (4 people, 2.27%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Endophthalmitis (35 people, 19.89%)
- Vision Blurred (27 people, 15.34%)
- Visual Acuity Reduced (25 people, 14.20%)
- Eye Pain (23 people, 13.07%)
- Retinal Detachment Repair (17 people, 9.66%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Blindness transient when taking Eylea?
- Check symptoms - is blindness transient caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsBlindness transient and drugs with ingredients of aflibercept.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeBlindness transient and Eylea from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Eylea has active ingredients of aflibercept. It is often used in macular degeneration. (latest outcomes from Eylea 6,687 users)
Blindness transient (sudden loss of vision) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, erection problems, pain (latest reports from 4,826 Blindness transient patients).
Browse all side effects of Eyleaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Blindness transientBlindness transient
Could your condition cause Blindness transientBlindness transient
What would happen?
User posts to the study
I have been having Eyelea for over 2 years sometimes with a painful after period.Yesterday had severe pain , and vision difficult with pain. panadol helped but today still some milder pain but headache persists, at least can still read, but have photophobia,is this common?
I started Eylea io injections for a left eye macular problem a few months ago and have had three so far. After the 2nd one my fingertips (mainly right hand) began to peel, crack and split; it feels like the skin is very thin, and the tips are extremely sensitive to hot water. Am told by a ...
I had facial flushing after each injection together with other symptoms, but after the last injection I had a very bad red inflamed skin, photo sensitive and with a clear demarcation from the normal skin. It is difficult o treat and I have seen two dermatologists, both of whom think it is an ...