Ezetimibe and Hyperventilation - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 25,536 people who have side effects when taking Ezetimibe. Hyperventilation is found, especially among people who are male, 60+ old, also take Aspirin and have Atrial fibrillation/flutter.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Ezetimibe and have Hyperventilation. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
25,536 people reported to have side effects when taking Ezetimibe.
Among them, 11 people (0.04%) have Hyperventilation.
What is Ezetimibe?
Ezetimibe has active ingredients of ezetimibe. It is used in high blood cholesterol. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 26,040 Ezetimibe users.
What is Hyperventilation?
Hyperventilation is found to be associated with 1,987 drugs and 1,400 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 8,061 people who have Hyperventilation.
Number of Ezetimibe and Hyperventilation reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Hyperventilation when taking Ezetimibe *:
- female: 18.18 %
- male: 81.82 %
Age of people who have Hyperventilation when taking Ezetimibe *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 11.11 %
- 60+: 88.89 %
Common drugs people take besides Ezetimibe *:
- Aspirin: 5 people, 45.45%
- Simvastatin: 4 people, 36.36%
- Mirtazapine: 3 people, 27.27%
- Atenolol: 3 people, 27.27%
- Citalopram Hydrobromide: 3 people, 27.27%
- Pantoprazole: 3 people, 27.27%
- Pitavastatin Calcium: 2 people, 18.18%
- Nexium: 2 people, 18.18%
- Nifedipine: 2 people, 18.18%
- Zolpidem Tartrate: 2 people, 18.18%
Common side effects people have besides Hyperventilation *:
- Dyskinesia (abnormality or impairment of voluntary movement): 5 people, 45.45%
- Myoclonus (a brief, involuntary twitching of a muscle or a group of muscles): 3 people, 27.27%
- Transferrin Saturation Decreased: 3 people, 27.27%
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 3 people, 27.27%
- General Physical Health Deterioration (weak health status): 3 people, 27.27%
- Sleep Apnea Syndrome: 3 people, 27.27%
- Constipation: 3 people, 27.27%
- Breathing Difficulty: 3 people, 27.27%
- Depressed Mood: 2 people, 18.18%
- Restless Leg Syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs): 2 people, 18.18%
Common conditions people have *:
- Parkinson's Disease: 2 people, 18.18%
- Depression: 2 people, 18.18%
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 2 people, 18.18%
- Type 2 Diabetes: 1 person, 9.09%
- Schizoaffective Disorder (a mental disorder characterized by disordered thought): 1 person, 9.09%
- Hyperlipidaemia (presence of excess lipids in the blood): 1 person, 9.09%
- Hallucinations (sensations that appear real but are created by your mind): 1 person, 9.09%
- Enterococcal Bacteraemia (presence of bacteria lactic acid in the blood): 1 person, 9.09%
- Dementia (madness): 1 person, 9.09%
- Bowel Movement Irregularity: 1 person, 9.09%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Ezetimibe and have Hyperventilation?Check whether Hyperventilation is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Ezetimibe side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Ezetimibe side effects (26,040 reports)
Hyperventilation treatments and more:
- Hyperventilation (8,061 reports)
Common drugs associated with Hyperventilation:
- Aspirin: 294 reports
- Prednisone: 278 reports
- Profen: 237 reports
- Metformin: 237 reports
- Ibuprofen: 219 reports
- Ibu: 219 reports
- Albuterol: 206 reports
- Omeprazole: 204 reports
- Paxil: 177 reports
- Xolair: 167 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Hyperventilation:
- Hyperventilation (1,987 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Hyperventilation:
All the conditions that are associated with Hyperventilation:
- Hyperventilation (1,400 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on ezetimibe (the active ingredients of Ezetimibe) and Ezetimibe (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Alcohol and Risperdal drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Aleve and Hypoglycemia - 6 seconds ago
- Ibu and Staphylococcal Scalded Skin Syndrome - 6 seconds ago
- Fiasp and Dry Mouth - 6 seconds ago
- Calcium and Fosaprepitant drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Atenolol and Aluminum Hydroxide And Magnesium Trisilicate drug interaction - 10 seconds ago
- Glipizide and Trospium Chloride drug interaction - 11 seconds ago
- Decadron and Furosemide drug interaction - 12 seconds ago
- Dicyclomine Hydrochloride and Anastrozole drug interaction - 21 seconds ago
- Ezetimibe and Lomotil drug interaction - 25 seconds ago