Gabapentin and Skin odor abnormal - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Skin odor abnormal is found among people who take Gabapentin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Gabapentin and have Skin odor abnormal. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 264,649 people who have side effects when taking Gabapentin from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
264,649 people reported to have side effects when taking Gabapentin.
Among them, 82 people (0.03%) have Skin odor abnormal.
What is Gabapentin?
Gabapentin has active ingredients of gabapentin. It is often used in neuralgia. eHealthMe is studying from 245,414 Gabapentin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Skin odor abnormal?
Skin odor abnormal is found to be associated with 810 drugs and 449 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Gabapentin and Skin odor abnormal reports submitted per year:
Time on Gabapentin when people have Skin odor abnormal *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 100 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Skin odor abnormal when taking Gabapentin *:
- female: 72.15 %
- male: 27.85 %
Age of people who have Skin odor abnormal when taking Gabapentin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 3.17 %
- 40-49: 15.87 %
- 50-59: 33.33 %
- 60+: 47.62 %
Common drugs people take besides Gabapentin *:
- Zometa: 17 people, 20.73%
- Percocet: 16 people, 19.51%
- Dexamethasone: 15 people, 18.29%
- Ms Contin: 14 people, 17.07%
- Chlorhexidine Gluconate: 14 people, 17.07%
- Decadron: 14 people, 17.07%
- Clotrimazole: 14 people, 17.07%
- Sular: 14 people, 17.07%
- Nifedipine: 14 people, 17.07%
- Acyclovir: 14 people, 17.07%
Common side effects people have besides Skin odor abnormal *:
- Rashes (redness): 20 people, 24.39%
- Gingival Bleeding (bleeding gums): 18 people, 21.95%
- Fever: 18 people, 21.95%
- Breathing Difficulty: 17 people, 20.73%
- Headache (pain in head): 17 people, 20.73%
- Oropharyngeal Pain: 17 people, 20.73%
- Stress And Anxiety: 17 people, 20.73%
- Weakness: 16 people, 19.51%
- Back Pain: 16 people, 19.51%
- Dizziness: 16 people, 19.51%
Common conditions people have *:
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 18 people, 21.95%
- Back Pain: 12 people, 14.63%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 6 people, 7.32%
- Depression: 6 people, 7.32%
- Diabetes: 4 people, 4.88%
- Restless Leg Syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs): 4 people, 4.88%
- Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction): 3 people, 3.66%
- High Blood Pressure: 3 people, 3.66%
- Sleep Disorder: 3 people, 3.66%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 3 people, 3.66%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Gabapentin and have Skin odor abnormal?Check whether Skin odor abnormal is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- de Landaluce, L. O., Carbonell, P., Asensio, C., Escoda, N., López, P., & Laporte, J. R. , "Gabapentin and Pregabalin and Risk of Atrial Fibrillation in the Elderly: A Population-Based Cohort Study in an Electronic Prescription Database", Drug safety, 2018 Jan .
- Scarff JR, "The Potential for Somnambulism Associated with Gabapentin", The Internet Journal of Psychiatry, 2014 Jan .
How severe was Skin odor abnormal and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of gabapentin:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Gabapentin:
- Gabapentin (245,414 reports)
Common Gabapentin side effects:
Browse all side effects of Gabapentin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Skin odor abnormal treatments and more:
- Skin odor abnormal (3,833 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Skin odor abnormal:
- Skin odor abnormal in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Skin odor abnormal in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Skin odor abnormal in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Skin odor abnormal:
All the drugs that are associated with Skin odor abnormal:
- Skin odor abnormal (810 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Skin odor abnormal:
All the conditions that are associated with Skin odor abnormal:
- Skin odor abnormal (449 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on gabapentin (the active ingredients of Gabapentin) and Gabapentin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Lansoprazole and Rhinitis - 27 seconds ago
- Atrial Fibrillation/Flutter and Haemorrhoids Aggravated - 27 seconds ago
- Invega and Xolair drug interaction - 41 seconds ago
- Pyridium and Flovent Hfa drug interaction - 43 seconds ago
- Sulfasalazine and Reticulocyte Count Increased - 47 seconds ago
- Trintellix and Methylprednisolone drug interaction - 54 seconds ago
- Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride and Hot Flush - 54 seconds ago
- Flecainide Acetate and Urticaria Aggravated - a minute ago
- Acyclovir and Skin Fissures - a minute ago
- Thioridazine Hydrochloride and Clonazepam drug interaction - a minute ago