Glipizide and Death - from FDA reports
Death is found among people who take Glipizide, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Lasix, and have Multiple myeloma. This review analyzes which people have Death with Glipizide. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 36,619 people who have side effects when taking Glipizide from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 25, 2017
36,619 people reported to have side effects when taking Glipizide.
Among them, 829 people (2.26%) have Death
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Glipizide when people have Death *:
- < 1 month: 6.25 %
- 1 - 6 months: 12.5 %
- 6 - 12 months: 18.75 %
- 1 - 2 years: 18.75 %
- 2 - 5 years: 12.5 %
- 5 - 10 years: 12.5 %
- 10+ years: 18.75 %
Gender of people who have Death when taking Glipizide *:
- female: 39.24 %
- male: 60.76 %
Age of people who have Death when taking Glipizide *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.15 %
- 20-29: 0.46 %
- 30-39: 3.1 %
- 40-49: 3.87 %
- 50-59: 13.31 %
- 60+: 79.1 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (67 people, 8.08%)
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension (63 people, 7.60%)
- Coronary Artery Bypass (48 people, 5.79%)
- High Blood Pressure (45 people, 5.43%)
- Pain (39 people, 4.70%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix (146 people, 17.61%)
- Metformin (128 people, 15.44%)
- Lisinopril (123 people, 14.84%)
- Aspirin (113 people, 13.63%)
- Lipitor (98 people, 11.82%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain (92 people, 11.10%)
- Acute Kidney Failure (83 people, 10.01%)
- Stress And Anxiety (76 people, 9.17%)
- Injury (72 people, 8.69%)
- Anhedonia (63 people, 7.60%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Death when taking Glipizide?
- Check symptoms - is death caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsDeath and drugs with ingredients of glipizide.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDeath and Glipizide from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Glipizide has active ingredients of glipizide. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Glipizide 37,470 users)
Death has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, primary pulmonary hypertension, chronic myeloid leukaemia, diabetes, multiple sclerosis (latest reports from 386,249 Death patients).
Browse all side effects of Glipizidea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with DeathDeath
Could your condition cause DeathDeath
What would happen?
Questions to the study
My sister died on the same day of hyste... My sister died on the same day of hysterctomy i.e removal of uterus and she had got hepatitis. The doctor does the operation without investigating the hepatitis and she was just 32 years old. The doctor said that she died because of septicemia, which ...