Humira and Flatulence - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Flatulence is found among people who take Humira, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Humira and have Flatulence. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 647,817 people who have side effects when taking Humira from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
647,817 people reported to have side effects when taking Humira.
Among them, 2,160 people (0.33%) have Flatulence.
What is Humira?
Humira has active ingredients of adalimumab. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. eHealthMe is studying from 650,646 Humira users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Flatulence?
Flatulence (flatus expelled through the anus) is found to be associated with 2,630 drugs and 1,863 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Humira and Flatulence reports submitted per year:
Time on Humira when people have Flatulence *:
Gender of people who have Flatulence when taking Humira*:
Age of people who have Flatulence when taking Humira *:
Common drugs people take besides Humira *:
Common side effects people have besides Flatulence *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Humira and have Flatulence?Check whether Flatulence is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Chiriac A, Brzezinski P, Stolnicu S, Podoleanu C, Moldovan C, Molnar C, Taranu T, "Eosinophilia–A rare possible adverse reaction during anti-tumor necrosis factor-alpha therapy for psoriasis", Journal of Dermatological Treatment, 2016 Mar .
How severe was Flatulence and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of adalimumab:
- Flatulence and drugs with ingredients of adalimumab (1,733 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Humira:
- Humira (650,646 reports)
Common Humira side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 93,489 reports
- Joint pain: 47,464 reports
- Pain: 47,288 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 39,149 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 38,407 reports
- Rashes (redness): 32,791 reports
- Diarrhea: 27,396 reports
Browse all side effects of Humira:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Flatulence treatments and more:
- Flatulence (61,500 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Flatulence:
- Flatulence in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Flatulence in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Flatulence in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Flatulence:
- Aspirin: 2,845 reports
- Metformin: 2,185 reports
- Humira: 2,160 reports
- Sandostatin: 2,141 reports
- Prednisone: 2,040 reports
- Omeprazole: 1,993 reports
- Chantix: 1,862 reports
- Sandostatin lar: 1,770 reports
- Alli: 1,759 reports
- Synthroid: 1,700 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Flatulence:
- Flatulence (2,630 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Flatulence:
- High blood pressure: 2,539 reports
- High blood cholesterol: 2,496 reports
- Crohn's disease: 1,971 reports
- Type 2 diabetes: 1,924 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 1,759 reports
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease: 1,629 reports
- Quit smoking: 1,528 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Flatulence:
- Flatulence (1,863 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on adalimumab (the active ingredients of Humira) and Humira (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Carbidopa And Levodopa and Namenda drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Spironolactone and Novolog drug interaction - 8 seconds ago
- Amlodipine and Atrioventricular Block - 10 seconds ago
- Ziac vs. Prinzide - 13 seconds ago
- Hypogonadotropic Hypogonadism and Abnormal Faeces - 17 seconds ago
- Clopidogrel and Nitrolingual drug interaction - 32 seconds ago
- Furosemide and Zenpep drug interaction - 32 seconds ago
- Pneumonia Viral and drugs of ingredients of phosphatidylcholine - 36 seconds ago
- Prezista and Calculus Urinary - 39 seconds ago
- Klonopin and Bentyl drug interaction - 47 seconds ago