Imodium and Mydriasis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 41,525 people who have side effects when taking Imodium. Mydriasis is found, especially among people who are female, 10-19 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take Promethazine and have High blood pressure.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Imodium and have Mydriasis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
41,525 people reported to have side effects when taking Imodium.
Among them, 24 people (0.06%) have Mydriasis.
What is Imodium?
Imodium has active ingredients of loperamide hydrochloride. It is used in diarrhea. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 42,387 Imodium users.
What is Mydriasis?
Mydriasis (a dilation of the pupil) is found to be associated with 1,629 drugs and 1,125 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 14,948 people who have Mydriasis.
Number of Imodium and Mydriasis reports submitted per year:
Time on Imodium when people have Mydriasis *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Mydriasis when taking Imodium *:
- female: 54.17 %
- male: 45.83 %
Age of people who have Mydriasis when taking Imodium *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 4.76 %
- 10-19: 23.81 %
- 20-29: 14.29 %
- 30-39: 14.29 %
- 40-49: 9.52 %
- 50-59: 19.05 %
- 60+: 14.29 %
Common drugs people take besides Imodium *:
- Acetaminophen: 4 people, 16.67%
- Promethazine: 4 people, 16.67%
- Vitamin C: 3 people, 12.50%
- Piperacillin And Tazobactam: 3 people, 12.50%
- Paracetamol: 3 people, 12.50%
- Myfortic: 3 people, 12.50%
- Insulin: 3 people, 12.50%
- Vitamin B6: 3 people, 12.50%
- Prograf: 3 people, 12.50%
- Vitamin D3: 3 people, 12.50%
Common side effects people have besides Mydriasis *:
- Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement): 8 people, 33.33%
- Abdominal Pain: 7 people, 29.17%
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 6 people, 25.00%
- Fever: 6 people, 25.00%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 6 people, 25.00%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 5 people, 20.83%
- Oxygen Saturation Decreased: 5 people, 20.83%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 5 people, 20.83%
- Constipation: 5 people, 20.83%
- Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body): 4 people, 16.67%
Common conditions people have *:
- High Blood Pressure: 4 people, 16.67%
- Wheezing (a high-pitched whistling sound made while you breath): 3 people, 12.50%
- Inflammation: 3 people, 12.50%
- Abdominal Distension: 3 people, 12.50%
- Allergies: 3 people, 12.50%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 3 people, 12.50%
- Bleeding Disorders: 3 people, 12.50%
- Body Temperature Increased: 3 people, 12.50%
- Cardiac Failure: 3 people, 12.50%
- Drug Level Decreased: 3 people, 12.50%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Imodium and have Mydriasis?Check whether Mydriasis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Imodium side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Imodium side effects (42,387 reports)
Mydriasis treatments and more:
- Mydriasis (14,948 reports)
Common drugs associated with Mydriasis:
- Tramadol: 612 reports
- Paroxetine: 571 reports
- Loraz: 540 reports
- Lorazepam: 540 reports
- Diazepam: 527 reports
- Clonazepam: 509 reports
- Sertraline: 482 reports
- Effexor: 424 reports
- Alprazolam: 364 reports
- Mirtazapine: 345 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Mydriasis:
- Mydriasis (1,629 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Mydriasis:
- Depression: 1,116 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 382 reports
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder: 356 reports
- Pain: 349 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Mydriasis:
- Mydriasis (1,125 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on loperamide hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Imodium) and Imodium (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Capoten and Pantoprazole Sodium drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Vincristine Sulfate and Rufen drug interaction - 19 seconds ago
- Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate and Renal Impairment - 21 seconds ago
- Omeprazole Magnesium and Breathing Difficulty - 21 seconds ago
- Bricanyl and Zinacef drug interaction - 30 seconds ago
- Onfi and Loss Of Consciousness - 50 seconds ago
- Sulfasalazine and Colestid drug interaction - 56 seconds ago
- Bisoprolol Fumarate and Bethanechol Chloride drug interaction - 59 seconds ago
- Hycodan and Ondansetron drug interaction - a minute ago
- Dymista and Tizanidine Hydrochloride drug interaction - a minute ago