Kaletra and Tachypnea - from FDA reports
Tachypnea is found among people who take Kaletra, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Viread, and have Preventive health care. This review analyzes which people have Tachypnea with Kaletra. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 17,222 people who have side effects when taking Kaletra from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 23, 2017
17,222 people reported to have side effects when taking Kaletra.
Among them, 74 people (0.43%) have Tachypnea
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Kaletra when people have Tachypnea *:
- < 1 month: 35.71 %
- 1 - 6 months: 17.86 %
- 6 - 12 months: 14.29 %
- 1 - 2 years: 32.14 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Tachypnea when taking Kaletra *:
- female: 21.92 %
- male: 78.08 %
Age of people who have Tachypnea when taking Kaletra *:
- 0-1: 9.62 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 1.92 %
- 30-39: 26.92 %
- 40-49: 55.77 %
- 50-59: 1.92 %
- 60+: 3.85 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Preventive Health Care (4 people, 5.41%)
- Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma (3 people, 4.05%)
- Hiv Test Positive (3 people, 4.05%)
- Pneumonia (2 people, 2.70%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (2 people, 2.70%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Viread (13 people, 17.57%)
- Reyataz (11 people, 14.86%)
- Retrovir (11 people, 14.86%)
- Norvir (10 people, 13.51%)
- Bactrim (9 people, 12.16%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fever (28 people, 37.84%)
- Lactic Acidosis (23 people, 31.08%)
- Renal Failure Acute (19 people, 25.68%)
- Weakness (15 people, 20.27%)
- Breathing Difficulty (12 people, 16.22%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Tachypnea when taking Kaletra?
- Check symptoms - is tachypnea caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsTachypnea and drugs with ingredients of lopinavir; ritonavir.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeTachypnea and Kaletra from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Kaletra has active ingredients of lopinavir; ritonavir. It is often used in hiv infection. (latest outcomes from Kaletra 17,412 users)
Tachypnea has been reported by people with depression, hiv infection, high blood pressure, pain, type 2 diabetes (latest reports from 8,865 Tachypnea patients).