Levothroid and Hyperventilation - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Hyperventilation is reported only by a few people who take Levothroid.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Levothroid and have Hyperventilation. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 7,942 people who have side effects while taking Levothroid from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
7,942 people reported to have side effects when taking Levothroid.
Among them, 4 people (0.05%) have Hyperventilation.
What is Levothroid?
Levothroid has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism. eHealthMe is studying from 8,816 Levothroid users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Hyperventilation?
Hyperventilation is found to be associated with 1,944 drugs and 1,373 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Levothroid and Hyperventilation reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Hyperventilation when taking Levothroid *:
- female: 75 %
- male: 25 %
Age of people who have Hyperventilation when taking Levothroid *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 33.33 %
- 60+: 66.67 %
Common drugs people take besides Levothroid *:
- Prevacid: 2 people, 50.00%
- Vitamin E: 1 person, 25.00%
- Tylenol: 1 person, 25.00%
- Taxol: 1 person, 25.00%
- Provera: 1 person, 25.00%
- Premarin: 1 person, 25.00%
- Glucotrol Xl: 1 person, 25.00%
- Glucophage Xr: 1 person, 25.00%
- Cardura: 1 person, 25.00%
- Buspar: 1 person, 25.00%
Common side effects people have besides Hyperventilation *:
- Sweating Increased (excess sweating): 1 person, 25.00%
- Peptic Ulcer Haemorrhage (peptic ulcer bleeding): 1 person, 25.00%
- Oedema Peripheral (superficial swelling): 1 person, 25.00%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1 person, 25.00%
- Cough: 1 person, 25.00%
- Chest Pain: 1 person, 25.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Levothroid and have Hyperventilation?Check whether Hyperventilation is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Hyperventilation and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of levothyroxine sodium:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Levothroid:
- Levothroid (8,816 reports)
Common Levothroid side effects:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 662 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 525 reports
- Weakness: 508 reports
- Pain: 454 reports
- Drug ineffective: 425 reports
- High blood pressure: 390 reports
Browse all side effects of Levothroid:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Hyperventilation treatments and more:
- Hyperventilation (7,644 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Hyperventilation:
- Hyperventilation in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Hyperventilation in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Hyperventilation in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Hyperventilation:
- Aspirin: 294 reports
- Prednisone: 244 reports
- Metformin: 237 reports
- Ibuprofen: 219 reports
- Profen: 219 reports
- Ibu: 219 reports
- Omeprazole: 204 reports
- Albuterol: 189 reports
- Paxil: 176 reports
- Xolair: 167 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Hyperventilation:
- Hyperventilation (1,944 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Hyperventilation:
- Asthma: 340 reports
- Depression: 321 reports
- High blood pressure: 305 reports
- Pain: 261 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Hyperventilation:
- Hyperventilation (1,373 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on levothyroxine sodium (the active ingredients of Levothroid) and Levothroid (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Remifentanil Hydrochloride and Breathing Difficulty - 7 seconds ago
- Cortone and Dizziness Aggravated - 7 seconds ago
- Vagifem and Nizatidine drug interaction - 25 seconds ago
- Remeron and Desferal drug interaction - 34 seconds ago
- Bactrim and Pharyngeal Cancer Stage Unspecified - 43 seconds ago
- Multiple Myeloma and Hyperventilation - 50 seconds ago
- Tramadol and Blood Bicarbonate Increased - 51 seconds ago
- Halcion and Nexium 24Hr drug interaction - 54 seconds ago
- Vimpat and Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride drug interaction - 57 seconds ago
- Ursodiol and Supraventricular Extrasystoles - a minute ago