Lipitor and Bradycardia - from FDA reports
Bradycardia is found among people who take Lipitor, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lasix, and have Atrial fibrillation/flutter. This review analyzes which people have Bradycardia with Lipitor. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 185,636 people who have side effects when taking Lipitor from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 13, 2017
185,636 people reported to have side effects when taking Lipitor.
Among them, 921 people (0.5%) have Bradycardia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Lipitor when people have Bradycardia *:
- < 1 month: 33.33 %
- 1 - 6 months: 25.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 5.56 %
- 1 - 2 years: 16.67 %
- 2 - 5 years: 8.33 %
- 5 - 10 years: 8.33 %
- 10+ years: 2.78 %
Gender of people who have Bradycardia when taking Lipitor *:
- female: 46.71 %
- male: 53.29 %
Age of people who have Bradycardia when taking Lipitor *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.12 %
- 10-19: 0.12 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 1.12 %
- 40-49: 3.73 %
- 50-59: 14.43 %
- 60+: 80.47 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (55 people, 5.97%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (51 people, 5.54%)
- Diabetes (39 people, 4.23%)
- Joint Pain (36 people, 3.91%)
- Multiple Myeloma (35 people, 3.80%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix (225 people, 24.43%)
- Aspirin (221 people, 24.00%)
- Plavix (158 people, 17.16%)
- Digoxin (149 people, 16.18%)
- Synthroid (124 people, 13.46%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Hypotension (257 people, 27.90%)
- Dizziness (178 people, 19.33%)
- Fatigue (175 people, 19.00%)
- Chest Pain (169 people, 18.35%)
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (168 people, 18.24%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Bradycardia when taking Lipitor?
- Check symptoms - is bradycardia caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsBradycardia and drugs with ingredients of atorvastatin calcium.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeBradycardia and Lipitor from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Lipitor has active ingredients of atorvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Lipitor 192,117 users)
Bradycardia (abnormally slow heart action) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, atrial fibrillation/flutter, multiple sclerosis, pain, depression (latest reports from 30,527 Bradycardia patients).
Browse all side effects of Lipitora b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with BradycardiaBradycardia
Could your condition cause BradycardiaBradycardia
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I have had heart perfusion test holter moniter and er docs say my heart is great. but I am 47 6 1 weight 200 pounds night hr as low as 33bpm resting during day 55 to 60 bpm I am lightheaded some days but I also have type 2 diabetes blood sugar now 100 to 135 fasting everyday take metformin and ...
10 years ago I had two stents put in. Was initially put on statin and Plavix. Did not handle statin well so quit it and got more serious with diet. Hung in there with Plavix for 6 months but didn't it. Was told I could go off of it. No problems and lipids were reducing each year to near ...