Lipitor and Heart attack - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Heart attack is found among people who take Lipitor, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Lipitor and have Heart attack. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 239,728 people who have side effects when taking Lipitor from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
239,728 people reported to have side effects when taking Lipitor.
Among them, 9,141 people (3.81%) have Heart attack.
What is Lipitor?
Lipitor has active ingredients of atorvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. eHealthMe is studying from 247,379 Lipitor users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Heart attack?
Heart attack is found to be associated with 3,707 drugs and 3,169 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Lipitor and Heart attack reports submitted per year:
Time on Lipitor when people have Heart attack *:
Gender of people who have Heart attack when taking Lipitor*:
Age of people who have Heart attack when taking Lipitor *:
Common drugs people take besides Lipitor *:
Common side effects people have besides Heart attack *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Lipitor and have Heart attack?Check whether Heart attack is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Proti? D, Balti? S, Stupar N, Pavlov-Dolijanovi? S, Mugo?a S, Todorovi? Z, "A case of myositis with immunological background associated with statin use", Open Medicine, 2014 Oct .
- Goldie MP, "Atorvastatin: a new treatment for periodontal disease?", , 2012 Jan .
How severe was Heart attack and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of atorvastatin calcium:
- Heart attack and drugs with ingredients of atorvastatin calcium (12,458 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Lipitor:
- Lipitor (247,379 reports)
Common Lipitor side effects:
- Type 2 diabetes: 14,678 reports
- Weakness: 14,362 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 14,288 reports
- Pain: 12,135 reports
- Drug ineffective: 11,356 reports
- Muscle aches (muscle pain): 11,216 reports
- High blood pressure: 10,998 reports
Browse all side effects of Lipitor:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Heart attack treatments and more:
- Heart attack (252,024 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Heart attack:
- Heart attack in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Heart attack in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Heart attack in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Heart attack:
- Avandia: 53,017 reports
- Vioxx: 33,541 reports
- Aspirin: 15,813 reports
- Plavix: 9,606 reports
- Lipitor: 9,141 reports
- Celebrex: 9,103 reports
- Lisinopril: 7,057 reports
- Metformin: 6,826 reports
- Lasix: 5,741 reports
- Prednisone: 5,560 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Heart attack:
- Heart attack (3,707 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Heart attack:
- Diabetes: 46,451 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 8,562 reports
- Arthritis: 7,642 reports
- High blood pressure: 7,474 reports
- Pain: 6,842 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Heart attack:
- Heart attack (3,169 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on atorvastatin calcium (the active ingredients of Lipitor) and Lipitor (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Kineret and Skin Fissures - 8 seconds ago
- Monocyte Percentage Increased and pfizer biontech covid vaccine - 17 seconds ago
- Topicort and Hyponatremia - 20 seconds ago
- Foscavir and Ards (Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome) - 30 seconds ago
- Gravol and Anorectal Discomfort - 34 seconds ago
- Exemestane and Spondylolisthesis - 38 seconds ago
- Cotazym and Hypersensitivity - 44 seconds ago
- Erbitux and Nodule - 51 seconds ago
- Fondaparinux Sodium and Dexamethasone Sodium Phosphate drug interaction - 52 seconds ago
- Acetaminophen And Hydrocodone Bitartrate and Ulcerative Colitis - 53 seconds ago