Lipitor and Hyperthyroidism - from FDA reports
Hyperthyroidism is found among people who take Lipitor, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Synthroid, and have Depression. This review analyzes which people have Hyperthyroidism with Lipitor. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 185,636 people who have side effects when taking Lipitor from FDA, and is updated regularly.
185,636 people reported to have side effects when taking Lipitor.
Among them, 167 people (0.09%) have Hyperthyroidism
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Lipitor when people have Hyperthyroidism *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 5 %
- 6 - 12 months: 5 %
- 1 - 2 years: 35 %
- 2 - 5 years: 30 %
- 5 - 10 years: 15 %
- 10+ years: 10 %
Gender of people who have Hyperthyroidism when taking Lipitor *:
- female: 64.02 %
- male: 35.98 %
Age of people who have Hyperthyroidism when taking Lipitor *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 2.29 %
- 40-49: 12.21 %
- 50-59: 35.11 %
- 60+: 50.38 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Depression: 17 people, 10.18%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 16 people, 9.58%
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 14 people, 8.38%
- Osteopenia (a condition where bone mineral density is lower than normal): 12 people, 7.19%
- Diabetes: 10 people, 5.99%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Synthroid: 33 people, 19.76%
- Aspirin: 32 people, 19.16%
- Vioxx: 23 people, 13.77%
- Coumadin: 18 people, 10.78%
- Lasix: 18 people, 10.78%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Chest Pain: 32 people, 19.16%
- Breathing Difficulty: 26 people, 15.57%
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 23 people, 13.77%
- Pain In Extremity: 22 people, 13.17%
- Heart Attack: 21 people, 12.57%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Experience matters! A new approach to health care:
What's next: manage your medications
- Subscribe to monitor Hyperthyroidism in Lipitor
- Subscribe to monitor Lipitor
- Order discounted lab tests to monitor your medications, no doctor referral required
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Hyperthyroidism
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Lipitor has active ingredients of atorvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Lipitor 192,124 users)
Hyperthyroidism (over activity of the thyroid gland) has been reported by people with atrial fibrillation/flutter, high blood pressure, hypothyroidism, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis (latest reports from 12,439 Hyperthyroidism patients).
Drugs that are associated with HyperthyroidismHyperthyroidism (1,145 drugs)
Could your condition cause HyperthyroidismHyperthyroidism (959 conditions)
Lipitor side effects
- Lipitor side effects (185,713 reports)
Browse all side effects of Lipitora b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Dulani S, Dulani R, Lele S, Diagavane S, Anjankar S, Jaiswal N, Subramaniam PS, Juneja R, "Chronic Subdural Haematoma in a Case of Hyperthyroidism Presenting with Papilledema", Chinese Medicine, 2012 Dec .
- Protić D, Baltić S, Stupar N, Pavlov-Dolijanović S, Mugoša S, Todorović Z, "A case of myositis with immunological background associated with statin use", Open Medicine, 2014 Oct .
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Lipitor and have Hyperthyroidism
- Support group for people who have Hyperthyroidism
- Support group for people who take Lipitor
You may be interested in these posts
- I am Barbara and have been on Lipitor for several years and now having severe muscle spasms with severe pain. Is there a different drug without side effects that one can use?
- I'm 64 female and have been on antidepressants low thyroid high cholesterol and sleep medicine for years. I would like to get off the some of these medications but that seems to be questionable. Is there anyone else that take any meds for any of these conditions are do you have any side effects thank you
- Hi, I have recently been prescribed aspirin .75grams and 40m of atorvastatin for lowering cholesterol ( started with this six days ago. My doctor put me on sertraline for mild depression six weeks ago which gave me headaches and nausea fro the first 2 weeks, which has now settled...
- I started taking Lipitor for a month and my cycle is very heavy. I have never had it this prolonged and heavy. Could this be from the Lipitor?
- I started taking Lipitor a month ago and my cycle is so heavy. Is this a known side effect
- Will you have Postpartum Depression with Etoposide?
- Will you have Tremor with Cogentin?
- Will you have A-Fib with Ubiquinol?
- Will you have Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness with Fluoxetine?
- Will you have Dizziness with Flecainide Acetate?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Etoposide and have Postpartum Depression?
- Support group for people who take Cogentin and have Tremor?
- Support group for people who take Ubiquinol and have A-Fib?
- Support group for people who take Fluoxetine and have Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness?
- Support group for people who take Flecainide Acetate and have Dizziness?
- Hi I'm fritz and I got oral thrush after I stop taking gabapentin. Looking for answers from the...
- 49 year old female 25 days into levothyroxine and had heart attack caused by coronary artery spasm
- Hi Have been taking Olmetec Plus for about one year and take Tylenol extra strength for headache...
- Hi, 2 months ago I had a suspicion of having malaria so I took 2 days of emergency Malarone...
- Hi, I'm Rich McDermott from Levittown NY. Just started taking Flomax a week ago after prostate...
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.