Lipitor and Hyperthyroidism - from FDA reports
Hyperthyroidism is found among people who take Lipitor, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Synthroid, and have Depression. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 199,194 people who have side effects when taking Lipitor from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials).
199,194 people reported to have side effects when taking Lipitor.
Among them, 176 people (0.09%) have Hyperthyroidism
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Lipitor when people have Hyperthyroidism *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 4.76 %
- 6 - 12 months: 4.76 %
Gender of people who have Hyperthyroidism when taking Lipitor *:
- female: 63.01 %
- male: 36.99 %
Age of people who have Hyperthyroidism when taking Lipitor *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Depression: 17 people, 9.66%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 16 people, 9.09%
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 14 people, 7.95%
- Osteopenia (a condition where bone mineral density is lower than normal): 12 people, 6.82%
- Diabetes: 10 people, 5.68%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Synthroid: 34 people, 19.32%
- Aspirin: 32 people, 18.18%
- Vioxx: 23 people, 13.07%
- Coumadin: 18 people, 10.23%
- Plavix: 18 people, 10.23%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Chest Pain: 32 people, 18.18%
- Breathing Difficulty: 27 people, 15.34%
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 24 people, 13.64%
- Pain In Extremity: 23 people, 13.07%
- Weight Decreased: 22 people, 12.50%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Hyperthyroidism while taking Lipitor?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Hyperthyroidism
- Subscribe to monitor Hyperthyroidism in Lipitor
You are not alone:
Lipitor has active ingredients of atorvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Lipitor 205,682 users)
Hyperthyroidism (over activity of the thyroid gland) has been reported by people with atrial fibrillation/flutter, hypothyroidism, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis (latest reports from 14,983 Hyperthyroidism patients).
Drugs that are associated with HyperthyroidismHyperthyroidism (1,380 drugs)
Could your condition cause HyperthyroidismHyperthyroidism (960 conditions)
Lipitor side effects
- Lipitor side effects (199,271 reports)
Browse all side effects of Lipitora b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Dulani S, Dulani R, Lele S, Diagavane S, Anjankar S, Jaiswal N, Subramaniam PS, Juneja R, "Chronic Subdural Haematoma in a Case of Hyperthyroidism Presenting with Papilledema", Chinese Medicine, 2012 Dec .
- Protić D, Baltić S, Stupar N, Pavlov-Dolijanović S, Mugoša S, Todorović Z, "A case of myositis with immunological background associated with statin use", Open Medicine, 2014 Oct .
What would happen?
- Will you have Sadism with Pletal?
- Will you have Milk Intolerance with Gardasil?
- Will you have Lactase Deficiency with Gardasil?
- Will you have Disaccharidase Deficiency with Gardasil?
- Will you have Dairy Product Intolerance with Gardasil?
- Will you have Lactose Intolerance with Gardasil?
- Will you have Welts with Noxafil?
- Will you have Angioneurotic Edema with Noxafil?
- Will you have Angioedema with Noxafil?
- Chlorothiazide and Ramipril drug interaction
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.