Lipitor and Muscle aches - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Muscle aches is found among people who take Lipitor, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Lipitor and have Muscle aches. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 239,728 people who have side effects when taking Lipitor from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
239,728 people reported to have side effects when taking Lipitor.
Among them, 11,216 people (4.68%) have Muscle aches.
What is Lipitor?
Lipitor has active ingredients of atorvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. eHealthMe is studying from 247,418 Lipitor users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Muscle aches?
Muscle aches (muscle pain) is found to be associated with 3,986 drugs and 3,634 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Lipitor and Muscle aches reports submitted per year:
Time on Lipitor when people have Muscle aches *:
Gender of people who have Muscle aches when taking Lipitor*:
Age of people who have Muscle aches when taking Lipitor *:
Common drugs people take besides Lipitor *:
Common side effects people have besides Muscle aches *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Lipitor and have Muscle aches?Check whether Muscle aches is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Proti? D, Balti? S, Stupar N, Pavlov-Dolijanovi? S, Mugo?a S, Todorovi? Z, "A case of myositis with immunological background associated with statin use", Open Medicine, 2014 Oct .
- Goldie MP, "Atorvastatin: a new treatment for periodontal disease?", , 2012 Jan .
How severe was Muscle aches and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of atorvastatin calcium:
- Muscle aches and drugs with ingredients of atorvastatin calcium (17,370 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Lipitor:
- Lipitor (247,418 reports)
Common Lipitor side effects:
- Type 2 diabetes: 14,678 reports
- Weakness: 14,362 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 14,288 reports
- Pain: 12,135 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 11,791 reports
- Drug ineffective: 11,356 reports
- Muscle aches (muscle pain): 11,216 reports
Browse all side effects of Lipitor:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Muscle aches treatments and more:
- Muscle aches (194,225 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Muscle aches:
- Muscle aches in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Muscle aches in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Muscle aches in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Muscle aches:
- Lipitor: 11,216 reports
- Aspirin: 8,597 reports
- Prednisone: 7,306 reports
- Simvastatin: 7,264 reports
- Crestor: 6,308 reports
- Repatha: 5,454 reports
- Omeprazole: 4,893 reports
- Synthroid: 4,868 reports
- Metformin: 4,825 reports
- Zocor: 4,749 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Muscle aches:
- Muscle aches (3,986 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Muscle aches:
- High blood cholesterol: 18,014 reports
- High blood pressure: 7,900 reports
- Osteoporosis: 7,527 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 5,991 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Muscle aches:
- Muscle aches (3,634 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on atorvastatin calcium (the active ingredients of Lipitor) and Lipitor (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Toprol-Xl vs. Micardis - 3 seconds ago
- Robaxin and Eosinophil Count Decreased - 6 seconds ago
- Zovia 1/35E-21 vs. Lo Minastrin Fe - 8 seconds ago
- Ankylosing Spondylitis and Gingival Discoloration - 22 seconds ago
- Pradaxa and Dapagliflozin drug interaction - 24 seconds ago
- Avonex and Hydroxyurea drug interaction - 31 seconds ago
- Flexeril and Olmesartan Medoxomil drug interaction - 32 seconds ago
- Diclofenac Sodium and Levothyroxine Sodium drug interaction - 36 seconds ago
- Vimpat and Carbamazepine drug interaction - 37 seconds ago
- Cefixime and Levetiracetam drug interaction - 38 seconds ago