Lipitor and Nausea - from FDA reports
Nausea is found among people who take Lipitor, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Type 2 diabetes. This review analyzes which people have Nausea with Lipitor. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 185,636 people who have side effects when taking Lipitor from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 19, 2017
185,636 people reported to have side effects when taking Lipitor.
Among them, 9,702 people (5.23%) have Nausea
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Lipitor when people have Nausea *:
- < 1 month: 20.49 %
- 1 - 6 months: 25.56 %
- 6 - 12 months: 9.53 %
- 1 - 2 years: 10.14 %
- 2 - 5 years: 19.07 %
- 5 - 10 years: 10.95 %
- 10+ years: 4.26 %
Gender of people who have Nausea when taking Lipitor *:
- female: 65.42 %
- male: 34.58 %
Age of people who have Nausea when taking Lipitor *:
- 0-1: 0.04 %
- 2-9: 0.11 %
- 10-19: 0.16 %
- 20-29: 0.96 %
- 30-39: 2.56 %
- 40-49: 9.88 %
- 50-59: 24.67 %
- 60+: 61.6 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Type 2 Diabetes (703 people, 7.25%)
- Quit Smoking (602 people, 6.20%)
- Diabetes (503 people, 5.18%)
- Depression (477 people, 4.92%)
- Pain (460 people, 4.74%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin (1,485 people, 15.31%)
- Plavix (1,042 people, 10.74%)
- Lasix (976 people, 10.06%)
- Synthroid (939 people, 9.68%)
- Nexium (822 people, 8.47%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea And Vomiting (2,878 people, 29.66%)
- Dizziness (1,900 people, 19.58%)
- Fatigue (1,853 people, 19.10%)
- Diarrhea (1,838 people, 18.94%)
- Weakness (1,769 people, 18.23%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Nausea when taking Lipitor?
- Check symptoms - is nausea caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsNausea and drugs with ingredients of atorvastatin calcium.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeNausea and Lipitor from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Lipitor has active ingredients of atorvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Lipitor 192,117 users)
Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, multiple sclerosis, depression, pain, high blood pressure (latest reports from 473,272 Nausea patients).
Browse all side effects of Lipitora b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with NauseaNausea
Could your condition cause NauseaNausea
What would happen?
Questions to the study
10 years ago I had two stents put in. Was initially put on statin and Plavix. Did not handle statin well so quit it and got more serious with diet. Hung in there with Plavix for 6 months but didn't it. Was told I could go off of it. No problems and lipids were reducing each year to near ...
User reviews to the study
After 1 week on atenolo I started feeling bad. After 3 weeks I thought I was going to pass out and was nauseous and lightheaded. I stopped taking the atenolol and ended up in emergency with bp of 180/115 and terrible symptoms like tight chest, anxiety, internal shaking, massive nausea, ...
Fibromuscular Dysplasia of right kidney artery discovered accidentally by a cat scan with dye in it when integrative dr was looking for a renin producing tumour after my BP kept going high. No tumour found, but FMD was discovered. I have been on 80mg of Lipitor for 10yrs due to high cholesterol. ...