Nevirapine and Urticaria - from FDA reports
Urticaria is found among people who take Nevirapine, especially for people who are male, 30-39 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lamivudine, and have Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome. This review analyzes which people have Urticaria with Nevirapine. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 7,552 people who have side effects when taking Nevirapine from FDA, and is updated regularly.
7,552 people reported to have side effects when taking Nevirapine.
Among them, 35 people (0.46%) have Urticaria
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Nevirapine when people have Urticaria *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Urticaria when taking Nevirapine *:
- female: 34.48 %
- male: 65.52 %
Age of people who have Urticaria when taking Nevirapine *:
- 0-1: 3.33 %
- 2-9: 20.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 10.0 %
- 30-39: 26.67 %
- 40-49: 20.0 %
- 50-59: 16.67 %
- 60+: 3.33 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus Transmission: 1 person, 2.86%
- Hiv Test Positive: 1 person, 2.86%
- Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (disease of the human immune system caused by the human immunodeficiency virus (hiv)): 1 person, 2.86%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lamivudine: 9 people, 25.71%
- Ziagen: 8 people, 22.86%
- Stavudine: 6 people, 17.14%
- Abacavir: 5 people, 14.29%
- Didanosine: 5 people, 14.29%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fever: 18 people, 51.43%
- Rashes (redness): 12 people, 34.29%
- Itching: 12 people, 34.29%
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 10 people, 28.57%
- Drug Hypersensitivity: 7 people, 20.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Urticaria
- You are not alone, connect with people like you
- Subscribe to monitor Urticaria in Nevirapine
- Become a Care Guide with your experience in Nevirapine and Urticaria
You could also:
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
- Order discounted lab tests to monitor your medications, no doctor referral required
Nevirapine has active ingredients of nevirapine. It is often used in hiv infection. (latest outcomes from Nevirapine 7,585 users)
Urticaria (rash of round, red welts on the skin that itch intensely) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, asthma, pain (latest reports from 75,587 Urticaria patients).
Drugs that are associated with UrticariaUrticaria (2,704 drugs)
Could your condition cause UrticariaUrticaria (2,706 conditions)
Nevirapine side effects
- Nevirapine side effects (7,552 reports)
Browse all side effects of Nevirapinea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Semira ZA, Zulfkar Q, Sameem F, "Livedo reticularis associated with dapsone therapy in a patient with chronic urticaria", Indian journal of pharmacology, 2014 Jan .
- Sharma SP, Muggia F, "Supraventricular tachycardia and urticaria complicating leuprolide-induced ovarian suppression in a young woman with breast cancer: a case report", ecancermedicalscience, 2015 Jan .
- Musri FY, Mutlu H, Kıvrak Salim D, Karakurt Eryılmaz M, Ünal B, Tural D, Şenol Coşkun H, "Sorafenib-induced severe urticaria in a patient with hepatocellular cancer", Journal of Oncology Pharmacy Practice, 2016 Jan .
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Nevirapine and have Urticaria
- Support group for people who have Urticaria
- Support group for people who take Nevirapine
You may be interested in these posts
- I'm a 68 years old female. Taking Xarelto 20 mg once a day, as I've auricular fibrillation (treated with amiodarone). After about 5 months treatment many little red dots appeared on my feet and hands. The don't itch, but they leave behind brownish marks. They seem to worsen with sun exposure.
- hi there ,has any one else had hives with depo ?i got them straight after shot and had them ever since and no longer on shot
- Fatigue, joint pain, headaches, nausea... now itchy welts!!
- I just found out that my hives were likely due to Celexa. I had been this med for 6 months ehen they started and never considered it as an issue, so I have spent 3 months trying to find the culprit. I have been on steroids as it was the only thing that stopped them. I am worried as I am due to...
- Took Accutane for about 4 months before stopping due to being sick and needing to take medicine. Developed Cold Urticaria(cold hives), an allergy to cold exposure, sometime after going off Accutane. Resulted in about all but one side effect which was pretty bad until I figured it out. I had...
- Will you have Skin Rash with Moringa?
- Will you have Skin - Yellow with Excedrin?
- Will you have Edema with B-12?
- Will you have Anxiety with Eliquis?
- Will you have Glossodynia with Mirtazapine?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Moringa and have Skin Rash?
- Support group for people who take Excedrin and have Skin - Yellow?
- Support group for people who take B-12 and have Edema?
- Support group for people who take Eliquis and have Anxiety?
- Support group for people who take Mirtazapine and have Glossodynia?
- I reported that my leg swelled up after I took Cefuroxime Axetil. Why isn't it in here? It still...
- Hi I am using zolpidem for app 5 years, but developed BMS 2 years ago. Struggling with extreme...
- I read some wear proypylene glycol was invented in the 60's for boiler pipe cleaning . Now used in...
- My self in my opinion I would never take miralax with polyethylene glycol or glycol . Trying to...
- Sorry to hear about your problem . I too have had the brown discharge from my penis . Being a male...
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.