Nitroglycerin and Acute left ventricular failure - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 49,558 people who have side effects when taking Nitroglycerin. Acute left ventricular failure is found, especially among people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take Plavix and have High blood pressure.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Nitroglycerin and have Acute left ventricular failure. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
49,558 people reported to have side effects when taking Nitroglycerin.
Among them, 13 people (0.03%) have Acute left ventricular failure.
What is Nitroglycerin?
Nitroglycerin has active ingredients of nitroglycerin. It is used in chest pain. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 49,807 Nitroglycerin users.
What is Acute left ventricular failure?
Acute left ventricular failure (heart attack) is found to be associated with 517 drugs and 299 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 776 people who have Acute left ventricular failure.
Number of Nitroglycerin and Acute left ventricular failure reports submitted per year:
Time on Nitroglycerin when people have Acute left ventricular failure *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 33.33 %
- 2 - 5 years: 66.67 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Acute left ventricular failure when taking Nitroglycerin *:
- female: 61.54 %
- male: 38.46 %
Age of people who have Acute left ventricular failure when taking Nitroglycerin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 8.33 %
- 60+: 91.67 %
Common drugs people take besides Nitroglycerin *:
- Plavix: 8 people, 61.54%
- Metformin: 6 people, 46.15%
- Lasix: 5 people, 38.46%
- Clopidogrel: 5 people, 38.46%
- Lipitor: 5 people, 38.46%
- Pantoprazole: 4 people, 30.77%
- Kombiglyze Xr: 4 people, 30.77%
- Onglyza: 4 people, 30.77%
- Protonix: 4 people, 30.77%
- Lexapro: 4 people, 30.77%
Common side effects people have besides Acute left ventricular failure *:
- Cardiac Failure Congestive: 6 people, 46.15%
- Acute Respiratory Failure: 5 people, 38.46%
- Acute Myocardial Infarction (acute heart attack): 4 people, 30.77%
- Chronic Kidney Disease: 4 people, 30.77%
- Heart Disease: 3 people, 23.08%
- Bronchitis (inflammation of the mucous membrane in the bronchial tubes): 3 people, 23.08%
- Cardiac Failure: 3 people, 23.08%
- Viral Infection: 2 people, 15.38%
- Acute Kidney Failure: 2 people, 15.38%
- Alanine Aminotransferase Increased: 2 people, 15.38%
Common conditions people have *:
- High Blood Pressure: 7 people, 53.85%
- Type 2 Diabetes: 5 people, 38.46%
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (a progressive disease that makes it hard to breathe): 5 people, 38.46%
- Depression: 5 people, 38.46%
- Gout (uric acid crystals building up in the body): 4 people, 30.77%
- Coronary Heart Disease (narrowing or blockage of the coronary arteries): 4 people, 30.77%
- Gastric Ulcer (stomach ulcer): 3 people, 23.08%
- Cough: 3 people, 23.08%
- Rashes (redness): 3 people, 23.08%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 3 people, 23.08%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Nitroglycerin and have Acute left ventricular failure?Check whether Acute left ventricular failure is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Nitroglycerin side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Nitroglycerin side effects (49,807 reports)
Acute left ventricular failure treatments and more:
- Acute left ventricular failure (776 reports)
Common drugs associated with Acute left ventricular failure:
- Aspirin: 125 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Acute left ventricular failure:
- Acute left ventricular failure (517 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Acute left ventricular failure:
- Acute left ventricular failure (299 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on nitroglycerin (the active ingredients of Nitroglycerin) and Nitroglycerin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Qualaquin and Sertraline drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Tikosyn and Theophylline drug interaction - 5 seconds ago
- Nucala and Methyldopa drug interaction - 16 seconds ago
- Nexium and Zejula drug interaction - 20 seconds ago
- Lasix and Blood Urea Nitrogen/Creatinine Ratio Increased - 26 seconds ago
- Duragesic-50 and Zide drug interaction - 27 seconds ago
- Fludara and Dimethyl Sulfoxide drug interaction - 32 seconds ago
- Varenicline Tartrate and Acetylsalicylic Acid drug interaction - 35 seconds ago
- Dimethyl Sulfoxide and Prevacid drug interaction - 36 seconds ago
- Krill Oil and Dutasteride drug interaction - 54 seconds ago