Persantine and Constipation - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 2,337 people who have side effects when taking Persantine. Constipation is found, especially among people who are female, 60+ old, also take Aggrenox and have High blood pressure.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Persantine and have Constipation. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
2,337 people reported to have side effects when taking Persantine.
Among them, 355 people (15.19%) have Constipation.
What is Persantine?
Persantine has active ingredients of dipyridamole. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 2,357 Persantine users.
What is Constipation?
Constipation is found to be associated with 4,332 drugs and 4,443 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 317,513 people who have Constipation.
Number of Persantine and Constipation reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Constipation when taking Persantine*:
Age of people who have Constipation when taking Persantine *:
Common drugs people take besides Persantine *:
Common side effects people have besides Constipation *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Persantine and have Constipation?Check whether Constipation is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Persantine side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Persantine side effects (2,357 reports)
Constipation treatments and more:
- Constipation (317,513 reports)
Common drugs associated with Constipation:
- Aspirin: 14,158 reports
- Prednisone: 9,070 reports
- Omeprazole: 8,862 reports
- Revlimid: 8,551 reports
- Amlodipine: 7,799 reports
- Metformin: 7,342 reports
- Gabapentin: 7,007 reports
- Lisinopril: 6,615 reports
- Synthroid: 6,467 reports
- Furosemide: 6,394 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Constipation:
- Constipation (4,332 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Constipation:
- Multiple myeloma: 12,409 reports
- Pain: 11,612 reports
- High blood pressure: 10,310 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 7,148 reports
- Osteoporosis: 6,436 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Constipation:
- Constipation (4,443 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on dipyridamole (the active ingredients of Persantine) and Persantine (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Azathioprine and Tremor - 30 seconds ago
- Olmesartan Medoxomil and Metoclopramide Hydrochloride drug interaction - 47 seconds ago
- Magnesium Oxide and Decadron drug interaction - a minute ago
- Fexofenadine Hydrochloride and Constipation - a minute ago
- Avodart and High Blood Pressure - a minute ago
- Benazepril Hydrochloride and Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride drug interaction - a minute ago
- Oxistat and Paxil drug interaction - a minute ago
- Gemfibrozil and Dry Skin - 2 minutes ago
- Lozol and Inderal drug interaction - 2 minutes ago
- Spiriva and Symdeko drug interaction - 3 minutes ago