Plaquenil and Psoriasis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Psoriasis is found among people who take Plaquenil, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Plaquenil and have Psoriasis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 80,685 people who have side effects when taking Plaquenil from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
80,685 people reported to have side effects when taking Plaquenil.
Among them, 736 people (0.91%) have Psoriasis.
What is Plaquenil?
Plaquenil has active ingredients of hydroxychloroquine sulfate. It is often used in systemic lupus erythematosus. eHealthMe is studying from 83,227 Plaquenil users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Psoriasis?
Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin) is found to be associated with 2,255 drugs and 1,579 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Plaquenil and Psoriasis reports submitted per year:
Time on Plaquenil when people have Psoriasis *:
Gender of people who have Psoriasis when taking Plaquenil*:
Age of people who have Psoriasis when taking Plaquenil *:
Common drugs people take besides Plaquenil *:
Common side effects people have besides Psoriasis *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Plaquenil and have Psoriasis?Check whether Psoriasis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Mohagheghi MA, Omranipur R, Ensani F, Ghannadan A, Shahriaran S, Samiee F, Sedighi Z, "A Case of Advanced Unicentric Retroperitoneal Castleman's Disease, Associated With Psoriasis", Acta Medica Iranica, 2017 May .
- Chiriac A, Brzezinski P, Stolnicu S, Podoleanu C, Moldovan C, Molnar C, Taranu T, "Eosinophilia–A rare possible adverse reaction during anti-tumor necrosis factor-alpha therapy for psoriasis", Journal of Dermatological Treatment, 2016 Mar .
- Malisiewicz B, Murer C, Schmid JP, French LE, Schmid-Grendelmeier P, Navarini AA, "Eosinophilia during psoriasis treatment with TNF antagonists", Dermatology, 2013 Jan .
How severe was Psoriasis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of hydroxychloroquine sulfate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Plaquenil:
- Plaquenil (83,227 reports)
Common Plaquenil side effects:
Browse all side effects of Plaquenil:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Psoriasis treatments and more:
- Psoriasis (412,184 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Psoriasis:
- Psoriasis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Psoriasis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Psoriasis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Psoriasis:
All the drugs that are associated with Psoriasis:
- Psoriasis (2,255 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Psoriasis:
All the conditions that are associated with Psoriasis:
- Psoriasis (1,579 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on hydroxychloroquine sulfate (the active ingredients of Plaquenil) and Plaquenil (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Potassium Chloride and Pulmonary Alveolar Haemorrhage - a second ago
- Zidovudine and Renal Failure Acute - 2 seconds ago
- Hereditary Angioedema and drugs of ingredients of bumetanide - 13 seconds ago
- Peripheral Neuropathy in Atazanavir Sulfate, how severe and when it was recovered? - 25 seconds ago
- Neuropathy - Peripheral in Atazanavir Sulfate, how severe and when it was recovered? - 25 seconds ago
- Prozac vs. Oxcarbazepine - 34 seconds ago
- Sinus Disorder and drugs of ingredients of levetiracetam - 38 seconds ago
- Romidepsin and Death - a minute ago
- Avonex and Taste Disturbance - a minute ago
- Tramadol and Ceftazidime drug interaction - a minute ago