Prednisone and Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease is found among people who take Prednisone, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Prednisone and have Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 523,651 people who have side effects when taking Prednisone from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
523,651 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisone.
Among them, 5,692 people (1.09%) have Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
What is Prednisone?
Prednisone has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. eHealthMe is studying from 531,402 Prednisone users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease?
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (a progressive disease that makes it hard to breathe) is found to be associated with 2,856 drugs and 2,088 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Prednisone and Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease reports submitted per year:
Time on Prednisone when people have Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease *:
Gender of people who have Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease when taking Prednisone*:
Age of people who have Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease when taking Prednisone *:
Common drugs people take besides Prednisone *:
Common side effects people have besides Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Prednisone and have Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease?Check whether Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of prednisone:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Prednisone:
- Prednisone (531,402 reports)
Common Prednisone side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 66,683 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 46,071 reports
- Pain: 44,380 reports
- Joint pain: 38,003 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 37,988 reports
- Rashes (redness): 31,608 reports
- Diarrhea: 31,577 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 29,377 reports
Browse all side effects of Prednisone:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease treatments and more:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (180,051 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease:
- Spiriva: 7,121 reports
- Prednisone: 5,692 reports
- Symbicort: 4,676 reports
- Aspirin: 4,628 reports
- Albuterol: 3,918 reports
- Fosamax: 2,947 reports
- Furosemide: 2,933 reports
- Lasix: 2,829 reports
- Lisinopril: 2,490 reports
- Omeprazole: 2,415 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (2,856 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 3,895 reports
- Osteoporosis: 3,472 reports
- Asthma: 3,370 reports
- High blood pressure: 3,274 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (2,088 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on prednisone (the active ingredients of Prednisone) and Prednisone (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Soma Compound and Fever - 2 seconds ago
- Metra and Ibu drug interaction - 5 seconds ago
- Prevpac and Eosinophil Count Increased - 12 seconds ago
- Isosorbide Dinitrate and Blood Calcium Increased - 24 seconds ago
- Nicorette and Lung Infection - 30 seconds ago
- Lopressor and Aortic Arteriosclerosis - 34 seconds ago
- Tenuate Dospan and Pain Exacerbated - 43 seconds ago
- Proair Hfa and Cancer - Throat Or Larynx - 49 seconds ago
- Biktarvy and Penicillin drug interaction - 49 seconds ago
- Loraz and Venous Insufficiency - 51 seconds ago