Prednisone and Fever - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 586,776 people who have side effects when taking Prednisone. Fever is found, especially among people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take Methotrexate and have Crohn's disease.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Prednisone and have Fever. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
586,776 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisone.
Among them, 30,484 people (5.2%) have Fever.
What is Prednisone?
Prednisone has active ingredients of prednisone. It is used in rheumatoid arthritis. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 594,647 Prednisone users.
What is Fever?
Fever is found to be associated with 4,789 drugs and 6,043 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 472,341 people who have Fever.
Number of Prednisone and Fever reports submitted per year:
Time on Prednisone when people have Fever *:
Gender of people who have Fever when taking Prednisone*:
Age of people who have Fever when taking Prednisone *:
Common drugs people take besides Prednisone *:
Common side effects people have besides Fever *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Prednisone and have Fever?Check whether Fever is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Schiller D, Maieron A, Sch?fl R, Donnerer J, "Drug fever due to a single dose of pantoprazole", Pharmacology, 2015 Jan .
Prednisone side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Prednisone side effects (594,647 reports)
Fever treatments and more:
- Fever (472,341 reports)
Common drugs associated with Fever:
- Prednisone: 30,484 reports
- Methotrexate: 20,661 reports
- Humira: 20,147 reports
- Enbrel: 14,311 reports
- Aspirin: 14,157 reports
- Omeprazole: 12,909 reports
- Pantoprazole: 12,397 reports
- Prednisolone: 11,832 reports
- Tylenol: 11,340 reports
- Acetaminophen: 10,738 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Fever:
- Fever (4,789 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Fever:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 25,712 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 19,094 reports
- High blood pressure: 15,614 reports
- Crohn's disease: 12,822 reports
- Pain: 11,416 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Fever:
- Fever (6,043 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on prednisone (the active ingredients of Prednisone) and Prednisone (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Lyrica and Brintellix drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Phenytoin and Gleevec drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Viramune and Clotrimazole drug interaction - 21 seconds ago
- Chlorzoxazone and Trulicity drug interaction - 27 seconds ago
- Metronidazole and Migranal drug interaction - 44 seconds ago
- Turmeric and Vicodin drug interaction - a minute ago
- Serevent and Hyperventilation - a minute ago
- Lexapro and Sudafed 12 Hour drug interaction - a minute ago
- Vitamin D3 and Ilumya drug interaction - a minute ago
- Perphenazine and Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen drug interaction - a minute ago