Premarin and Psoriasis - from FDA reports
Psoriasis is found among people who take Premarin, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for 10+ years, also take medication Humira, and have Rheumatoid arthritis. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 83,146 people who have side effects when taking Premarin from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials).
83,146 people reported to have side effects when taking Premarin.
Among them, 167 people (0.2%) have Psoriasis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Premarin when people have Psoriasis *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 33.33 %
Gender of people who have Psoriasis when taking Premarin *:
- female: 99.39 %
- male: 0.61 %
Age of people who have Psoriasis when taking Premarin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.82 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 23 people, 13.77%
- Psoriatic Arthropathy (inflammation of the skin and joints with kin condition which typically causes patches (plaques) of red, scaly skin to develop): 21 people, 12.57%
- High Blood Pressure: 17 people, 10.18%
- Depression: 15 people, 8.98%
- Stress And Anxiety: 14 people, 8.38%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Humira: 43 people, 25.75%
- Synthroid: 35 people, 20.96%
- Enbrel: 27 people, 16.17%
- Methotrexate: 14 people, 8.38%
- Aspirin: 14 people, 8.38%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Cough: 21 people, 12.57%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 21 people, 12.57%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 20 people, 11.98%
- Drug Ineffective: 20 people, 11.98%
- Dizziness: 20 people, 11.98%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Psoriasis while taking Premarin?
You are not alone:
Premarin has active ingredients of estrogens, conjugated. It is often used in hormone replacement therapy. (latest outcomes from Premarin 84,099 users)
Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin) has been reported by people with psoriasis, psoriatic arthropathy, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, crohn's disease (latest reports from 234,694 Psoriasis patients).
Drugs that are associated with PsoriasisPsoriasis (1,777 drugs)
Could your condition cause PsoriasisPsoriasis (1,325 conditions)
Premarin side effects
- Premarin side effects (83,153 reports)
Browse all side effects of Premarina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Chiriac A, Brzezinski P, Stolnicu S, Podoleanu C, Moldovan C, Molnar C, Taranu T, "Eosinophilia–A rare possible adverse reaction during anti-tumor necrosis factor-alpha therapy for psoriasis", Journal of Dermatological Treatment, 2016 Mar .
- Malisiewicz B, Murer C, Schmid JP, French LE, Schmid-Grendelmeier P, Navarini AA, "Eosinophilia during psoriasis treatment with TNF antagonists", Dermatology, 2015 Jan .
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Azelastine Hydrochloride and Nafcillin Sodium drug interaction - now
- Will you have Urinary Frequency Or Urgency with L-Tyrosine? - now
- Will you have Herniated Nucleus Pulposus (Slipped Disk) with Alkeran? - a second ago
- Will you have Ph Urine Increased with Bentyl? - a second ago
- Will you have Ruptured Disk with Alkeran? - a second ago
Recent personal studies
- Prediction of Sulfasalazine for a 59 year old woman - 24 minutes ago
- A study for a 32 year old man who takes Melatonin, Finasteride, Rogaine, Mirtazapine - 59 minutes ago
- A study for a 28 year old man who takes Depakote - an hour ago
- A study for a 67 year old man who takes Lipitor - an hour ago
- A study for a 37 year old woman who takes Glutathione - 2 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.