Risperdal and Drooling - from FDA reports
Drooling is found among people who take Risperdal, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Depakote, and have Depression. This review analyzes which people have Drooling with Risperdal. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 77,390 people who have side effects when taking Risperdal from FDA , and is updated regularly.
77,390 people reported to have side effects when taking Risperdal.
Among them, 214 people (0.28%) have Drooling
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Risperdal when people have Drooling *:
- < 1 month: 39.53 %
- 1 - 6 months: 37.21 %
- 6 - 12 months: 4.65 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 11.63 %
- 5 - 10 years: 4.65 %
- 10+ years: 2.33 %
Gender of people who have Drooling when taking Risperdal *:
- female: 42.44 %
- male: 57.56 %
Age of people who have Drooling when taking Risperdal *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 9.55 %
- 10-19: 14.65 %
- 20-29: 8.28 %
- 30-39: 12.1 %
- 40-49: 20.38 %
- 50-59: 7.64 %
- 60+: 27.39 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Depression: 17 people, 7.94%
- Psychotic Disorder: 10 people, 4.67%
- Stress And Anxiety: 10 people, 4.67%
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder: 9 people, 4.21%
- Dementia (madness): 8 people, 3.74%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Depakote: 36 people, 16.82%
- Haldol: 24 people, 11.21%
- Cogentin: 20 people, 9.35%
- Seroquel: 18 people, 8.41%
- Zyprexa: 15 people, 7.01%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 42 people, 19.63%
- Drowsiness: 36 people, 16.82%
- Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body): 30 people, 14.02%
- Speech Impairment (Adult) (inability to speak (adult)): 29 people, 13.55%
- Weakness: 28 people, 13.08%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Risperdal and have Drooling?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Drooling
- Predict new side effects and undetected conditions
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Risperdal has active ingredients of risperidone. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from Risperdal 78,747 users)
Drooling (drop saliva uncontrollably from the mouth) has been reported by people with schizophrenia, depression, bipolar disorder, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis (latest reports from 4,013 Drooling patients).
Drugs that are associated with DroolingDrooling (995 drugs)
Could your condition cause DroolingDrooling (748 conditions)
Risperdal side effects
- Risperdal side effects (77,409 reports)
Browse all side effects of Risperdala b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Ray RK, Bashir MA, Rao S, "Co-Administration of Risperidone and Sodium Valproate Causing Bilateral Chronic Exertional Lower Leg Compartment Syndrome", Open Journal of Orthopedics, 2014 Apr .
- Crouse EL, Alastanos JN, Bozymski KM, Toscano RA, "Dysphagia with second-generation antipsychotics: A case report and review of the literature", Mental Health Clinician, 2017 Jan .
- Janardhana P, Nagaraj AK, Basavanna PL, "Risperidone-induced skin rash", Indian journal of psychiatry, 2016 Jan .
- Dsouza MC, "Could risperidone have caused the cataract?: A case report and review of literature", Journal of Research in Psychiatry and Behavioral Science, 2015 Jan .
- Dsouza MC, "COULD RISPERIDONE HAVE CAUSED THE CATARACT", JRPBS, 2015 Jan .
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Risperdal and have Drooling
- Support group for people who have Drooling
- Support group for people who take Risperdal
You may be interested in these posts
- I have been using Rexulti about a two months and I have started drooling, particularly from the right side of my mouth. I am a 64 year old male. I also take Wellbutrin and Buspar.
- April 2018 I picked up my entire medical record from my one car accident in December 2016. I had my 3rd major stroke while driving and, strange as it sounds, I only broke my back and broke it low enough that it was repairable so I am able to walk almost like it never happened. I'm blessed, for sure.
- I take a lot of differ vitamins and like to know the one that makes me have a lot of saliva?
- I was just prescribed Risperdal today so I haven’t taken it yet. I’ll start it tomorrow. I’ve been diagnosed with bipolar, manic and depression. I’m a 39 y/o woman. I researched lots of consumer reviews on this pill and I gotta tell ya, I’m pretty scared of which ones I will or won’t get.
- My father has excessive saliva is taking copidregil and omeprazole. He is 93 he was using hyacinth patches for years but has now had really bad skin reaction to these.Have stopped patches and trying papain tablets no improvement after 10 days don’t know what else we can try.
- Will you have Macroamylasemia with Zeltran Overdose?
- Will you have Movement - Uncontrolled Or Slow with Loratadine?
- Will you have Nausea with Ra?
- Levothyroxine Sodium and Subutex drug interaction
- Will you have Breathing Difficulty with Mysoline?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who have Zeltran Overdose and Macroamylasemia?
- Support group for people who take Loratadine and have Movement - Uncontrolled Or Slow?
- Support group for people who have Ra and Nausea?
- Support group for people who take Levothyroxine Sodium and Subutex
- Support group for people who take Mysoline and have Breathing Difficulty?
- What to expect when you have Zeltran Overdose and Macroamylasemia?
- What to expect when you take Loratadine and have Movement - Uncontrolled Or Slow?
- What to expect when you have Ra and Nausea?
- What to expect when you take Levothyroxine Sodium and Subutex
- What to expect when you take Mysoline and have Breathing Difficulty?
- A study for a 48 year old woman who takes Citalopram Hydrobromide
- Drug comparison of Seroquel, Aciphex for a 18 year old girl
- A study for a 65 year old man who takes Spironolactone, Coreg
- A study for a 23 year old woman who takes Beepen-vk
- A study for a 45 year old man who takes Norvasc
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.