Who have Drooling with Risperdal - from FDA reports
Drooling is found among people who take Risperdal, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Depakote, and have Depression. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 100,573 people who have side effects when taking Risperdal from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
100,573 people reported to have side effects when taking Risperdal.
Among them, 237 people (0.24%) have Drooling
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Risperdal when people have Drooling *:
- < 1 month: 32.73 %
- 1 - 6 months: 38.18 %
- 6 - 12 months: 5.45 %
- 1 - 2 years: 1.82 %
- 2 - 5 years: 12.73 %
- 5 - 10 years: 7.27 %
- 10+ years: 1.82 %
Gender of people who have Drooling when taking Risperdal *:
- female: 39.47 %
- male: 60.53 %
Age of people who have Drooling when taking Risperdal *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 10.98 %
- 10-19: 16.18 %
- 20-29: 8.09 %
- 30-39: 11.56 %
- 40-49: 18.5 %
- 50-59: 7.51 %
- 60+: 27.17 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Depression: 17 people, 7.17%
- Psychotic Disorder: 14 people, 5.91%
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder: 12 people, 5.06%
- Stress And Anxiety: 10 people, 4.22%
- Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement): 8 people, 3.38%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Depakote: 39 people, 16.46%
- Haldol: 26 people, 10.97%
- Seroquel: 22 people, 9.28%
- Cogentin: 21 people, 8.86%
- Zyprexa: 18 people, 7.59%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 43 people, 18.14%
- Drowsiness: 39 people, 16.46%
- Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body): 33 people, 13.92%
- Speech Impairment (Adult) (inability to speak (adult)): 31 people, 13.08%
- Weakness: 30 people, 12.66%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Drooling while taking Risperdal?
You are not alone:
Risperdal has active ingredients of risperidone. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from Risperdal 101,930 users)
Drooling (drop saliva uncontrollably from the mouth) has been reported by people with schizophrenia, depression, bipolar disorder, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety (latest reports from 4,690 Drooling patients).
Drugs that are associated with DroolingDrooling (1,119 drugs)
Could your condition cause DroolingDrooling (752 conditions)
Risperdal side effects
- Risperdal side effects (100,592 reports)
Browse all side effects of Risperdala b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Ray RK, Bashir MA, Rao S, "Co-Administration of Risperidone and Sodium Valproate Causing Bilateral Chronic Exertional Lower Leg Compartment Syndrome", Open Journal of Orthopedics, 2014 Apr .
- Crouse EL, Alastanos JN, Bozymski KM, Toscano RA, "Dysphagia with second-generation antipsychotics: A case report and review of the literature", Mental Health Clinician, 2017 Jan .
- Janardhana P, Nagaraj AK, Basavanna PL, "Risperidone-induced skin rash", Indian journal of psychiatry, 2016 Jan .
- Dsouza MC, "Could risperidone have caused the cataract?: A case report and review of literature", Journal of Research in Psychiatry and Behavioral Science, 2015 Jan .
- Dsouza MC, "COULD RISPERIDONE HAVE CAUSED THE CATARACT", JRPBS, 2015 Jan .
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Pancreatitis with Ribavirin? - now
- Will you have Vaginal Cancer Recurrent with Glofil-125? - a second ago
- Will you have Skin Abscess with Mirena? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Subcutaneous Abscess with Mirena? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Cutaneous Abscess with Mirena? - 2 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 35 year old woman who takes Proair Hfa, Taytulla, Clarinex, Singulair - 34 minutes ago
- A study for a 41 year old man who takes Depo-testosterone - an hour ago
- A study for a 69 year old man who takes Lipitor, Toprol-xl, Coumadin, Omeprazole - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 38 year old woman who takes Strattera - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 34 year old woman who takes Xolair - 7 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.