Robaxin and Asthma - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Asthma is found among people who take Robaxin, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Robaxin and have Asthma. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 7,061 people who have side effects when taking Robaxin from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe enables everyone to run phase IV clinical trial to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor effectiveness. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Most recently, phase IV clinial trails for COVID 19 vaccines have been added, check here.
7,061 people reported to have side effects when taking Robaxin.
Among them, 93 people (1.32%) have Asthma.
What is Robaxin?
Robaxin has active ingredients of methocarbamol. It is often used in muscle spasms. eHealthMe is studying from 7,882 Robaxin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Asthma?
Asthma is found to be associated with 3,055 drugs and 2,419 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Robaxin and Asthma reports submitted per year:
Time on Robaxin when people have Asthma *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 14.29 %
- 6 - 12 months: 42.86 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 28.57 %
- 5 - 10 years: 14.29 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Asthma when taking Robaxin *:
- female: 80.22 %
- male: 19.78 %
Age of people who have Asthma when taking Robaxin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 2.86 %
- 30-39: 14.29 %
- 40-49: 15.71 %
- 50-59: 50.0 %
- 60+: 17.14 %
Common drugs people take besides Robaxin *:
- Restoril: 22 people, 23.66%
- Aredia: 21 people, 22.58%
- Zometa: 21 people, 22.58%
- Ativan: 21 people, 22.58%
- Arimidex: 19 people, 20.43%
- Synthroid: 18 people, 19.35%
- Tamoxifen Citrate: 17 people, 18.28%
- Xyrem: 17 people, 18.28%
- Prozac: 16 people, 17.20%
- Prevacid: 15 people, 16.13%
Common side effects people have besides Asthma *:
- Stress And Anxiety: 35 people, 37.63%
- Pain: 31 people, 33.33%
- Intervertebral Disc Protrusion (spinal disc protrusion): 30 people, 32.26%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 30 people, 32.26%
- Pain In Extremity: 28 people, 30.11%
- Weakness: 26 people, 27.96%
- High Blood Pressure: 26 people, 27.96%
- Depression: 24 people, 25.81%
- Osteoarthritis (a joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint): 24 people, 25.81%
- Arthropathy: 22 people, 23.66%
Common conditions people have *:
- Metastases To Bone (cancer spreads to bone): 21 people, 22.58%
- Breast Cancer: 21 people, 22.58%
- Depression: 18 people, 19.35%
- Narcolepsy (brain's inability to regulate sleep-wake cycles normally): 17 people, 18.28%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 15 people, 16.13%
- High Blood Pressure: 10 people, 10.75%
- Pain: 10 people, 10.75%
- Stress And Anxiety: 9 people, 9.68%
- Cataplexy (loss of muscle tone accompanied by full conscious awareness): 9 people, 9.68%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 8 people, 8.60%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Robaxin and have Asthma?Check whether Asthma is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Robaxin:
- Robaxin (7,882 reports)
Asthma treatments and more:
- Asthma (251,565 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Asthma:
- Asthma in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Asthma in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Asthma in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
How severe was Asthma and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of methocarbamol:
- Asthma and drugs with ingredients of methocarbamol (194 reports)
Common drugs associated with Asthma:
All the drugs that are associated with Asthma:
- Asthma (3,055 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Asthma:
All the conditions that are associated with Asthma:
- Asthma (2,419 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on methocarbamol (the active ingredients of Robaxin) and Robaxin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Dorzolamide Hydrochloride And Timolol Maleate and Gastrointestinal Haemorrhage - now
- Defitelio and Flucytosine drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Jadenu and Blood Ph Decreased - 4 seconds ago
- Linagliptin and Breathing Difficulty - 20 seconds ago
- Barrett'S Oesophagus and Hoarseness Or Changing Voice - 21 seconds ago