Savella and Itching - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Itching is found among people who take Savella, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Savella and have Itching. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 6,248 people who have side effects when taking Savella from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
6,248 people reported to have side effects when taking Savella.
Among them, 140 people (2.24%) have Itching.
What is Savella?
Savella has active ingredients of milnacipran hydrochloride. It is often used in fibromyalgia. eHealthMe is studying from 7,206 Savella users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Itching?
Itching is found to be associated with 4,380 drugs and 4,345 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Savella and Itching reports submitted per year:
Time on Savella when people have Itching *:
Gender of people who have Itching when taking Savella*:
Age of people who have Itching when taking Savella *:
Common drugs people take besides Savella *:
Common side effects people have besides Itching *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Savella and have Itching?Check whether Itching is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Itching and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of milnacipran hydrochloride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Savella:
- Savella (7,206 reports)
Common Savella side effects:
- Headache (pain in head): 537 reports
- Pain: 509 reports
- Drug ineffective: 436 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 391 reports
- High blood pressure: 382 reports
- Dizziness: 353 reports
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 330 reports
Browse all side effects of Savella:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Itching treatments and more:
- Itching (330,782 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Itching:
- Itching in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Itching in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Itching in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Itching:
- Prednisone: 14,612 reports
- Aspirin: 12,994 reports
- Humira: 12,525 reports
- Methotrexate: 11,960 reports
- Enbrel: 11,906 reports
- Dupixent: 11,478 reports
- Adapalene: 11,476 reports
- Metformin: 7,611 reports
- Cosentyx: 7,536 reports
- Omeprazole: 7,534 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Itching:
- Itching (4,380 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Itching:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 16,747 reports
- Psoriasis: 12,849 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 12,545 reports
- High blood pressure: 11,848 reports
- High blood cholesterol: 9,972 reports
- Acne: 7,656 reports
- Pain: 7,458 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Itching:
- Itching (4,345 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on milnacipran hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Savella) and Savella (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Tenofovir Alafenamide and Fatigue Aggravated - 3 seconds ago
- Cytotec and Skin Reaction - 9 seconds ago
- Apixaban and Cervix Haemorrhage Uterine - 11 seconds ago
- Lenalidomide and Animal Scratch - 13 seconds ago
- Tequin and Polyneuropathy - 14 seconds ago
- Regular Insulin and Fear, Focus - 24 seconds ago
- Carafate and Social Phobia - 29 seconds ago
- Lyrica and Spermatozoa Abnormal - 31 seconds ago
- Combipatch and Blood Oestrogen Increased - 35 seconds ago
- Timentin and Hepatitis Fulminant - 37 seconds ago