Synagis and Food intolerance - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 18,174 people who have side effects when taking Synagis. Food intolerance is found, especially among people who are male, 0-1 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take Aminophyllin and have Premature baby.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Synagis and have Food intolerance. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
18,174 people reported to have side effects when taking Synagis.
Among them, 11 people (0.06%) have Food intolerance.
What is Synagis?
Synagis has active ingredients of palivizumab. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 18,180 Synagis users.
What is Food intolerance?
Food intolerance (inability to have food) is found to be associated with 1,040 drugs and 548 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 4,033 people who have Food intolerance.
Number of Synagis and Food intolerance reports submitted per year:
Time on Synagis when people have Food intolerance *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Food intolerance when taking Synagis *:
- female: 12.5 %
- male: 87.5 %
Age of people who have Food intolerance when taking Synagis *:
- 0-1: 100 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Synagis *:
- Aminophyllin: 3 people, 27.27%
- Vancomycin: 1 person, 9.09%
- Tracleer: 1 person, 9.09%
- Morphine: 1 person, 9.09%
- Keppra: 1 person, 9.09%
- Flovent: 1 person, 9.09%
- Diuril: 1 person, 9.09%
- Atrovent: 1 person, 9.09%
- Ativan: 1 person, 9.09%
- Aspirin: 1 person, 9.09%
Common side effects people have besides Food intolerance *:
- Gastroenteritis (inflammation of stomach and intestine): 5 people, 45.45%
- Viral Infection: 4 people, 36.36%
- Hypophagia (reduced food intake): 3 people, 27.27%
- Intestinal Obstruction: 3 people, 27.27%
- Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water): 3 people, 27.27%
- Diarrhea: 2 people, 18.18%
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 2 people, 18.18%
- Fever: 2 people, 18.18%
- Bronchiolitis (inflammation of the membranes lining the bronchioles in lungs): 2 people, 18.18%
- Femur Fracture: 1 person, 9.09%
Common conditions people have *:
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension (primary high blood pressure that affects the arteries in the lungs and the right side of your heart): 1 person, 9.09%
- Premature Baby: 1 person, 9.09%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Synagis and have Food intolerance?Check whether Food intolerance is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Synagis side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Synagis side effects (18,180 reports)
Food intolerance treatments and more:
- Food intolerance (4,033 reports)
Common drugs associated with Food intolerance:
- Humira: 630 reports
- Methotrexate: 220 reports
- Prednisone: 216 reports
- Enbrel: 166 reports
- Orencia: 161 reports
- Ibu: 147 reports
- Ibuprofen: 147 reports
- Profen: 147 reports
- Omeprazole: 143 reports
- Metformin: 125 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Food intolerance:
- Food intolerance (1,040 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Food intolerance:
All the conditions that are associated with Food intolerance:
- Food intolerance (548 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on palivizumab (the active ingredients of Synagis) and Synagis (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Viberzi and Pancreatitis Acute - 3 seconds ago
- Pregabalin and Gemtesa drug interaction - 11 seconds ago
- Methylprednisolone Sodium Succinate and Vincristine Sulfate drug interaction - 12 seconds ago
- Hydrocortisone and Retching - 19 seconds ago
- Warfarin Sodium and Micafungin drug interaction - 19 seconds ago
- Mozobil and Solu-Medrol drug interaction - 26 seconds ago
- Moxifloxacin and Mucinex drug interaction - 33 seconds ago
- Venlafaxine Hydrochloride and Clostridium Difficile Colitis - 34 seconds ago
- Etoposide and Oxaliplatin drug interaction - 38 seconds ago
- Carpine and Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride drug interaction - 43 seconds ago