Tamiflu and Bronchitis - from FDA reports
Bronchitis is found among people who take Tamiflu, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Diovan, and have Lupus nephritis. This review analyzes which people have Bronchitis with Tamiflu. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 14,220 people who have side effects when taking Tamiflu from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 23, 2017
14,220 people reported to have side effects when taking Tamiflu.
Among them, 103 people (0.72%) have Bronchitis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Tamiflu when people have Bronchitis *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Bronchitis when taking Tamiflu *:
- female: 67.03 %
- male: 32.97 %
Age of people who have Bronchitis when taking Tamiflu *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 4.76 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 9.52 %
- 30-39: 17.46 %
- 40-49: 22.22 %
- 50-59: 20.63 %
- 60+: 25.4 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Lupus Nephritis (16 people, 15.53%)
- Preventive Health Care (14 people, 13.59%)
- Upper Respiratory Tract Inflammation (12 people, 11.65%)
- High Blood Pressure (11 people, 10.68%)
- Stress And Anxiety (9 people, 8.74%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Diovan (12 people, 11.65%)
- Famotidine (11 people, 10.68%)
- Aspirin (11 people, 10.68%)
- Synthroid (10 people, 9.71%)
- Levaquin (10 people, 9.71%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pneumonia (22 people, 21.36%)
- High Blood Pressure (16 people, 15.53%)
- Diarrhea (15 people, 14.56%)
- Nausea (14 people, 13.59%)
- Headache (14 people, 13.59%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Bronchitis when taking Tamiflu?
- Check symptoms - is bronchitis caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsBronchitis and drugs with ingredients of oseltamivir phosphate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeBronchitis and Tamiflu from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Tamiflu has active ingredients of oseltamivir phosphate. It is often used in the flu. (latest outcomes from Tamiflu 15,039 users)
Bronchitis (inflammation of the mucous membrane in the bronchial tubes) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, asthma, high blood pressure (latest reports from 59,948 Bronchitis patients).
Browse all side effects of Tamiflua b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with BronchitisBronchitis
Could your condition cause BronchitisBronchitis
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User reviews to the study
After my IRBESARTAN was doubled to 300 mg because it wasn't working, a cough started (I previously switched to IRBESASARTAN because I had a chronic dry cough with my last medication). I did have a cold during the change and it subsided for a week before I started this cough which has been around ...
I came down with bronchitis on Friday, March 10. I was given Cipro as antibiotics. My 1st Cataract Surgery on right eye is scheduled for Monday, March 20. My 2nd Cataract Surgery is scheduled for Monday, April 3rd. Should I reschedule until recovered. I'm coming concerned because of coughing ...
I had the flu and the hospital gave me Tamiflu with my Calcium tablet which I have just read causes hearing loss does anyone know how long it lasts. It extremely frustrating.. Also shouldn't the hospital know not to give me both things