Tiazac and Intervertebral disc protrusion - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 4,519 people who have side effects when taking Tiazac. Intervertebral disc protrusion is found, especially among people who are male, 60+ old, also take Plavix and have Arthritis.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Tiazac and have Intervertebral disc protrusion. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
4,519 people reported to have side effects when taking Tiazac.
Among them, 32 people (0.71%) have Intervertebral disc protrusion.
What is Tiazac?
Tiazac has active ingredients of diltiazem hydrochloride. It is used in high blood pressure. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 4,656 Tiazac users.
What is Intervertebral disc protrusion?
Intervertebral disc protrusion (spinal disc protrusion) is found to be associated with 2,051 drugs and 1,261 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 34,246 people who have Intervertebral disc protrusion.
Number of Tiazac and Intervertebral disc protrusion reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Intervertebral disc protrusion when taking Tiazac *:
- female: 40.62 %
- male: 59.38 %
Age of people who have Intervertebral disc protrusion when taking Tiazac *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 3.85 %
- 10-19: 3.85 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 15.38 %
- 60+: 76.92 %
Common drugs people take besides Tiazac *:
- Plavix: 13 people, 40.62%
- Zometa: 12 people, 37.50%
- Percocet: 12 people, 37.50%
- Taxotere: 11 people, 34.38%
- Zocor: 11 people, 34.38%
- Restoril: 11 people, 34.38%
- Oxycontin: 11 people, 34.38%
- Mevacor: 10 people, 31.25%
- Oxybutynin Chloride: 10 people, 31.25%
- Simvastatin: 10 people, 31.25%
Common side effects people have besides Intervertebral disc protrusion *:
- Stress And Anxiety: 19 people, 59.38%
- Fainting (loss of consciousness and postural tone): 13 people, 40.62%
- Bone Disorder: 13 people, 40.62%
- Spinal Osteoarthritis (joint cartilage loss in spine): 13 people, 40.62%
- Pain: 13 people, 40.62%
- Rib Fracture: 13 people, 40.62%
- Fall: 13 people, 40.62%
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (death of bone of jaw): 12 people, 37.50%
- Pneumonia: 12 people, 37.50%
- Swelling: 12 people, 37.50%
Common conditions people have *:
- Arthritis (form of joint disorder that involves inflammation of one or more joints): 11 people, 34.38%
- Metastases To Bone (cancer spreads to bone): 10 people, 31.25%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 5 people, 15.62%
- Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis (chronic lung disease): 5 people, 15.62%
- Interstitial Lung Disease: 4 people, 12.50%
- Asthma: 3 people, 9.38%
- Pain: 2 people, 6.25%
- Back Pain: 2 people, 6.25%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 1 person, 3.12%
- Neuropathy Peripheral (surface nerve damage): 1 person, 3.12%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Tiazac and have Intervertebral disc protrusion?Check whether Intervertebral disc protrusion is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Tiazac side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Tiazac side effects (4,656 reports)
Intervertebral disc protrusion treatments and more:
- Intervertebral disc protrusion (34,246 reports)
Common drugs associated with Intervertebral disc protrusion:
- Humira: 3,921 reports
- Prednisone: 2,243 reports
- Fosamax: 2,126 reports
- Methotrexate: 2,047 reports
- Zometa: 1,939 reports
- Aspirin: 1,737 reports
- Lyrica: 1,673 reports
- Gabapentin: 1,593 reports
- Enbrel: 1,473 reports
- Avonex: 1,469 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Intervertebral disc protrusion:
- Intervertebral disc protrusion (2,051 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Intervertebral disc protrusion:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 3,900 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 3,644 reports
- Pain: 2,126 reports
- Osteoporosis: 2,087 reports
- High blood pressure: 1,942 reports
- High blood cholesterol: 1,266 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Intervertebral disc protrusion:
- Intervertebral disc protrusion (1,261 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on diltiazem hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Tiazac) and Tiazac (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Aciphex and Joint Crepitation - 6 seconds ago
- Moviprep and Epitol drug interaction - 7 seconds ago
- Dexilant and Exjade drug interaction - 10 seconds ago
- Prednisone and Tooth Erosion - 27 seconds ago
- Hydrochlorothiazide and Niacin drug interaction - 31 seconds ago
- Lyrica and Pancreatitis Chronic - 37 seconds ago
- Trusopt and Haematuria Aggravated - 38 seconds ago
- Mirena and Movement - Uncoordinated - 41 seconds ago
- Folic Acid and Stress And Anxiety - 43 seconds ago
- Alginate and Clotrimazole drug interaction - 46 seconds ago