Tramadol and Depression - from FDA reports
Depression is found among people who take Tramadol, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lyrica, and have Stress and anxiety. This review analyzes which people have Depression with Tramadol. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 83,165 people who have side effects when taking Tramadol from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 19, 2017
83,165 people reported to have side effects when taking Tramadol.
Among them, 2,336 people (2.81%) have Depression
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Tramadol when people have Depression *:
- < 1 month: 29.68 %
- 1 - 6 months: 14.61 %
- 6 - 12 months: 10.05 %
- 1 - 2 years: 8.22 %
- 2 - 5 years: 27.85 %
- 5 - 10 years: 6.39 %
- 10+ years: 3.2 %
Gender of people who have Depression when taking Tramadol *:
- female: 69.92 %
- male: 30.08 %
Age of people who have Depression when taking Tramadol *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.17 %
- 10-19: 1.88 %
- 20-29: 5.65 %
- 30-39: 14.25 %
- 40-49: 20.51 %
- 50-59: 29.77 %
- 60+: 27.72 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (245 people, 10.49%)
- High Blood Pressure (179 people, 7.66%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (176 people, 7.53%)
- Multiple Sclerosis (149 people, 6.38%)
- Quit Smoking (142 people, 6.08%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lyrica (292 people, 12.50%)
- Cymbalta (226 people, 9.67%)
- Nexium (223 people, 9.55%)
- Omeprazole (219 people, 9.38%)
- Aspirin (210 people, 8.99%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (837 people, 35.83%)
- Fatigue (471 people, 20.16%)
- Headache (427 people, 18.28%)
- Weakness (398 people, 17.04%)
- Joint Pain (395 people, 16.91%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Depression when taking Tramadol?
- Check symptoms - is depression caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsDepression and drugs with ingredients of tramadol hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDepression and Tramadol from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Tramadol has active ingredients of tramadol hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Tramadol 88,460 users)
Depression has been reported by people with depression, multiple sclerosis, quit smoking, pain, osteoporosis (latest reports from 392,574 Depression patients).
Browse all side effects of Tramadola b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with DepressionDepression
Could your condition cause DepressionDepression
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User reviews to the study
Even my endocrinologist does not know why I am depressed on Victoria. This is some no joke depression and so bummed because this drug is amazing at keeping my sugars in total control. Has anyone found out medically why it causes depression?
Hi! I just found this group and I am so happy. I have been taking tramadol for almost 7 years. For the last 8 or 9 months I have been losing the strength in my legs and hands. If I switch medications will I regain some of the strength or is it gone forever??