Tylenol w/ codeine and Heart disease - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Heart disease is found among people who take Tylenol w/ codeine, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Tylenol w/ codeine and have Heart disease. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 7,306 people who have side effects when taking Tylenol w/ codeine from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
7,306 people reported to have side effects when taking Tylenol w/ codeine.
Among them, 53 people (0.73%) have Heart disease.
What is Tylenol w/ codeine?
Tylenol w/ codeine has active ingredients of acetaminophen; codeine phosphate. It is often used in pain. eHealthMe is studying from 8,097 Tylenol w/ codeine users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Heart disease?
Heart disease is found to be associated with 1,975 drugs and 1,341 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Tylenol w/ codeine and Heart disease reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Heart disease when taking Tylenol w/ codeine *:
- female: 77.36 %
- male: 22.64 %
Age of people who have Heart disease when taking Tylenol w/ codeine *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 16 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 6 %
- 50-59: 60 %
- 60+: 18 %
Common drugs people take besides Tylenol w/ codeine *:
- Plavix: 27 people, 50.94%
- Coumadin: 25 people, 47.17%
- Lasix: 23 people, 43.40%
- Paxil: 22 people, 41.51%
- Vioxx: 20 people, 37.74%
- Oxycontin: 20 people, 37.74%
- Zometa: 19 people, 35.85%
- Quinine Sulfate: 19 people, 35.85%
- Hydrocortisone: 19 people, 35.85%
- Cytoxan: 19 people, 35.85%
Common side effects people have besides Heart disease *:
- Peripheral Vascular Disorder: 28 people, 52.83%
- Coronary Heart Disease (narrowing or blockage of the coronary arteries): 25 people, 47.17%
- Cardiac Failure Congestive: 24 people, 45.28%
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 22 people, 41.51%
- Cardiac Arrest: 21 people, 39.62%
- Hypokalemia (low potassium): 21 people, 39.62%
- Weight Decreased: 21 people, 39.62%
- X-Ray Abnormal: 20 people, 37.74%
- Cardiac Disorder: 20 people, 37.74%
- Infection: 20 people, 37.74%
Common conditions people have *:
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 19 people, 35.85%
- Hypercalcaemia Of Malignancy (elevated calcium (ca+) level in the blood with cancer): 19 people, 35.85%
- Hypercalcaemia (elevated calcium (ca+) level in the blood): 15 people, 28.30%
- Arthritis (form of joint disorder that involves inflammation of one or more joints): 9 people, 16.98%
- Birth Control: 7 people, 13.21%
- Osteoarthritis (a joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint): 6 people, 11.32%
- Diabetes: 6 people, 11.32%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 4 people, 7.55%
- Chest Pain: 3 people, 5.66%
- High Blood Pressure: 3 people, 5.66%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Tylenol w/ codeine and have Heart disease?Check whether Heart disease is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Heart disease and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of acetaminophen; codeine phosphate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Tylenol w/ codeine:
- Tylenol w/ codeine (8,097 reports)
Common Tylenol w/ codeine side effects:
- Pain: 726 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 574 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 573 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 572 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 506 reports
- Weakness: 481 reports
Browse all side effects of Tylenol w/ codeine:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Heart disease treatments and more:
- Heart disease (39,787 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Heart disease:
- Heart disease in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Heart disease in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Heart disease in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Heart disease:
- Vioxx: 5,920 reports
- Avandia: 3,743 reports
- Celebrex: 2,824 reports
- Darvocet: 2,058 reports
- Darvon: 1,593 reports
- Propoxyphene napsylate and acetaminophen: 1,411 reports
- Bextra: 1,097 reports
- Aspirin: 1,084 reports
- Metformin: 797 reports
- Prednisone: 696 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Heart disease:
- Heart disease (1,975 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Heart disease:
- Pain: 4,282 reports
- Diabetes: 3,234 reports
- Arthritis: 1,139 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 1,127 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Heart disease:
- Heart disease (1,341 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on acetaminophen; codeine phosphate (the active ingredients of Tylenol w/ codeine) and Tylenol w/ codeine (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Paroxysmal Nocturnal Haemoglobinuria and Ear Infection Viral - a second ago
- Magnevist and Fever - 6 seconds ago
- Pepcid and Urinary Retention - 6 seconds ago
- Albuterol and Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Imaging Brain Abnormal - 6 seconds ago
- Ritalin and Metastases To Gastrointestinal Tract - 7 seconds ago
- Valtrex and Parkinson'S Disease Aggravated - 8 seconds ago
- Tykerb and Pulmonary Oedema Aggravated - 11 seconds ago
- Gabapentin and Pleurisy - 12 seconds ago
- Multaq and Betapace drug interaction - 13 seconds ago
- Cefuroxime Axetil and Acetaminophen drug interaction - 17 seconds ago