Tylenol and Viraemia - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 204,172 people who have side effects when taking Tylenol. Viraemia is found, especially among people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take Tysabri and have Multiple sclerosis.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Tylenol and have Viraemia. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
204,172 people reported to have side effects when taking Tylenol.
Among them, 11 people (0.01%) have Viraemia.
What is Tylenol?
Tylenol has active ingredients of acetaminophen. It is used in pain. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 208,576 Tylenol users.
What is Viraemia?
Viraemia (presence of a virus in the blood stream) is found to be associated with 385 drugs and 184 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 1,416 people who have Viraemia.
Number of Tylenol and Viraemia reports submitted per year:
Time on Tylenol when people have Viraemia *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Viraemia when taking Tylenol *:
- female: 54.55 %
- male: 45.45 %
Age of people who have Viraemia when taking Tylenol *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 10 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 50 %
- 40-49: 10 %
- 50-59: 20 %
- 60+: 10 %
Common drugs people take besides Tylenol *:
- Tysabri: 3 people, 27.27%
- Diovan: 2 people, 18.18%
- Benadryl: 2 people, 18.18%
- Lyrica: 2 people, 18.18%
- Zyrtec: 1 person, 9.09%
- Humira: 1 person, 9.09%
- Gravol: 1 person, 9.09%
- Fosamax: 1 person, 9.09%
- Fabrazyme: 1 person, 9.09%
- Escitalopram: 1 person, 9.09%
Common side effects people have besides Viraemia *:
- Fever: 5 people, 45.45%
- Migraine (headache): 4 people, 36.36%
- White Blood Cell Count Abnormal: 3 people, 27.27%
- Overdose: 3 people, 27.27%
- Alanine Aminotransferase Increased: 3 people, 27.27%
- Blood Iron Decreased: 3 people, 27.27%
- Body Temperature Increased: 3 people, 27.27%
- Cough: 3 people, 27.27%
- Dizziness: 3 people, 27.27%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 3 people, 27.27%
Common conditions people have *:
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 3 people, 27.27%
- Schizophrenia (a mental disorder characterized by a breakdown of thought processes): 1 person, 9.09%
- Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (reoccurrence of an inflammatory disease in which the insulating covers of nerve cells in the brain and spinal cord are damaged): 1 person, 9.09%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 1 person, 9.09%
- Narcolepsy (brain's inability to regulate sleep-wake cycles normally): 1 person, 9.09%
- Gastrointestinal Disorder (functional problems of gastrointestinal tract): 1 person, 9.09%
- Gastric Disorder (disease of stomach): 1 person, 9.09%
- Fever: 1 person, 9.09%
- Fabry's Disease (build up of a particular type of fat, called globotriaosylceramide, in the body's cells): 1 person, 9.09%
- Depression: 1 person, 9.09%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Tylenol and have Viraemia?Check whether Viraemia is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Tylenol side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Tylenol side effects (208,576 reports)
Viraemia treatments and more:
- Viraemia (1,416 reports)
Common drugs associated with Viraemia:
- Tacrolimus: 242 reports
- Prednisone: 236 reports
- Mycophenolate mofetil: 230 reports
- Methotrexate: 191 reports
- Prednisolone: 186 reports
- Etoposide: 146 reports
- Cytarabine: 132 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Viraemia:
- Viraemia (385 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Viraemia:
All the conditions that are associated with Viraemia:
- Viraemia (184 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on acetaminophen (the active ingredients of Tylenol) and Tylenol (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Lopid and Jardiance drug interaction - 5 seconds ago
- Lotrimin Af and Glucotrol drug interaction - 10 seconds ago
- Acyclovir Sodium and Busulfex drug interaction - 28 seconds ago
- Lisinopril and Jaw Fracture - 33 seconds ago
- Zelnorm and Accolate drug interaction - 35 seconds ago
- Carvedilol and Amoxapine drug interaction - 40 seconds ago
- Soma and Suicidal Ideation - 43 seconds ago
- Nuplazid and Panic Reaction Aggravated - 46 seconds ago
- Proglycem and Fatigue Aggravated - 47 seconds ago
- Alprazolam and Osmolex Er drug interaction - 48 seconds ago