Valproate sodium and Herpes simplex - from FDA reports
Herpes simplex is found among people who take Valproate sodium, especially for people who are male, 30-39 old also take medication Clozaril, and have Schizophrenia. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 13,792 people who have side effects when taking Valproate sodium from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
13,792 people reported to have side effects when taking Valproate sodium.
Among them, 11 people (0.08%) have Herpes simplex
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Herpes simplex when taking Valproate sodium *:
- female: 27.27 %
- male: 72.73 %
Age of people who have Herpes simplex when taking Valproate sodium *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 12.5 %
- 10-19: 12.5 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 75.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Schizophrenia (a mental disorder characterized by a breakdown of thought processes): 4 people, 36.36%
- Thyroid Diseases: 3 people, 27.27%
- Schizoaffective Disorder (a mental disorder characterized by disordered thought): 3 people, 27.27%
- Psychotic Disorder: 3 people, 27.27%
- Constipation: 3 people, 27.27%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Famotidine: 3 people, 27.27%
- Clozaril: 3 people, 27.27%
- Leustatin: 2 people, 18.18%
- Lamictal: 2 people, 18.18%
- Fluconazole: 2 people, 18.18%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Erythema Multiforme (a type of hypersensitivity reaction): 5 people, 45.45%
- Alanine Aminotransferase Increased: 4 people, 36.36%
- Blister (small pocket of fluid within the upper layers of the skin caused by forceful rubbing (friction), burning, freezing, chemical exposure): 4 people, 36.36%
- White Blood Cell Count Increased: 3 people, 27.27%
- Rashes (redness): 3 people, 27.27%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Herpes simplex while taking Valproate sodium?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Herpes simplex
- Subscribe to monitor Herpes simplex in Valproate sodium
You are not alone:
Valproate sodium has active ingredients of valproate sodium. It is often used in epilepsy. (latest outcomes from Valproate sodium 14,265 users)
Herpes simplex (herpes simplex is a common viral infection) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, pain, herpes simplex (latest reports from 9,220 Herpes simplex patients).
Drugs that are associated with Herpes simplexHerpes simplex (1,255 drugs)
Could your condition cause Herpes simplexHerpes simplex (749 conditions)
Valproate sodium side effects
- Valproate sodium side effects (13,792 reports)
Browse all side effects of Valproate sodiuma b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Bansal S, Gupta SK, "Sodium Valproate induced priapism in an adult with bipolar affective disorder", Indian journal of pharmacology, 2013 Jan .
- Ayano G, "Bipolar Disorders and Valproate: Pharmacokinetics, Pharmacodynamics and Therapeutic Effects and Indications of Valproate: Review of Articles", Bipolar Disord, 2014 Jan .
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Tendinitis with Metformin? - now
- Will you have Gynecomastia with Ranitidine? - now
- Yashti-Madhuka and Yeast-Derived Beta Glucan drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Baclofen and Robinul Forte drug interaction - 8 seconds ago
- Will you have Irritability with Pentoxifylline? - 8 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 17 year old boy who takes Nexium 24hr, Prednisone, Amoxil - 49 minutes ago
- A study for a 28 year old woman who takes Lysine, Prozac - an hour ago
- A study for a 60 year old man who takes Olmesartan Medoxomil, Cetirizine Hydrochloride - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 58 year old woman who takes Biotin - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 57 year old woman who takes Prozac - 5 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.