guanfacine hydrochloride and Aggression - from FDA reports
Aggression is found among people who take drugs with ingredients of guanfacine hydrochloride, especially for people who are male, 10-19 old , have been taking the drugs for < 1 month, also take medication Risperdal, and have Affective disorder. This review analyzes which people have Aggression with drugs with ingredients of guanfacine hydrochloride. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 4,131 people who have side effects when taking drugs with ingredients of guanfacine hydrochloride from FDA, and is updated regularly.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our original studies have been referenced on 400+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including: The Lancet, and Mayo Clinic Proceedings.
4,131 people reported to have side effects when taking drugs with ingredients of guanfacine hydrochloride.
Among them, 261 people (6.32%) have Aggression
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on drugs with ingredients of guanfacine hydrochloride when people have Aggression *:
- < 1 month: 58.7 %
- 1 - 6 months: 34.78 %
- 6 - 12 months: 2.17 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 2.17 %
- 5 - 10 years: 2.17 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Aggression when taking drugs with ingredients of guanfacine hydrochloride *:
- female: 24.8 %
- male: 75.2 %
Age of people who have Aggression when taking drugs with ingredients of guanfacine hydrochloride *:
- 0-1: 0.9500000000000001 %
- 2-9: 43.6 %
- 10-19: 50.71 %
- 20-29: 3.32 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.47000000000000003 %
- 60+: 0.9500000000000001 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Bipolar Disorder (mood disorder): 15 people, 5.75%
- Affective Disorder (mental disorder): 15 people, 5.75%
- Autism (a mental condition, present from early childhood, characterized by difficulty in communicating and forming relationships with other people and in using language and abstract concepts): 13 people, 4.98%
- Stress And Anxiety: 8 people, 3.07%
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (developmental disabilities that can cause significant social, communication and behavioural challenges): 7 people, 2.68%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Risperdal: 26 people, 9.96%
- Seroquel: 22 people, 8.43%
- Concerta: 20 people, 7.66%
- Abilify: 20 people, 7.66%
- Strattera: 19 people, 7.28%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Abnormal Behavior: 53 people, 20.31%
- Irritability: 48 people, 18.39%
- Drug Ineffective: 44 people, 16.86%
- Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement): 43 people, 16.48%
- Anger: 32 people, 12.26%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeguanfacine hydrochloride and Aggression from FDA and eHealthme reports
Drugs with ingredients of guanfacine hydrochlorideGuanfacine hydrochloride, Intuniv, Tenex
Aggression has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, stress and anxiety, schizophrenia (latest reports from 41,223 Aggression patients).
Drugs that are associated with AggressionAggression
Could your condition cause AggressionAggression
Analysis tools (to study 526 million drug outcomes from FDA)
- Check symptoms - identify the cause of a symptom: from a drug or from a condition?
- Check drugs - find out common side effects or drug interactions of my drugs.
- Compare drugs - compare the side effects and efficacy of multiple drugs side by side.
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who have Aggression (59 members)
You may be interested in these posts
- I am a mum for ASD child 8 years and recently I try strattera for him and he developed aggression
- Hi. I have recently changed my anti-depressant from Serdep to Brintellix and feel awful. My doctor recommended that I start on 5mg a day for 2 weeks an then increase the dose to 10mg thereafter. I have 2 young children and work full time. I am battling to cope with being very moody and...
- About 9 months ago my 7 year old started having violent meltdowns over everything. I recently learned that Zyrtec might be the culprit. Since taking him off it he has progressively improved.
- Hi, I am a parent of a 12 year old boy who has recently started taking Clozapine.
- Rage, aggression, lability since starting metformin
More posts for: Aggression
- What to expect when you have Psoriasis and Zinc Sulphate Turbidity Abnormal?
- Will you have Throat Irritation with Zyrtec?
- Will you have Nodular Hyperplasia with Cognex?
- Will you have Blood Copper Decreased with Januvia?
- Will you have Pruritus with Losartan?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Zyrtec and have Throat Irritation?
- Support group for people who take Cognex and have Nodular Hyperplasia?
- Support group for people who take Januvia and have Blood Copper Decreased?
- Support group for people who take Losartan and have Pruritus?
- Support group for people who take Anaprox and have Dry Eye Syndrome?
- I was on Lexapro for 4 or 5 years, first for depression, then at around 30 mg./day for OCD. It did...
- I have been taking Stelara 90 mcg for the last year. My latest blood test indicated stage 3...
- John.been taking lex for OCD.only minimal relief.want to hear from others out there.I HAVE TAKEN...
- Hello... Im wita. Im on my way struggling with my vaginal infection. I need encouragement to...
- Anyone out there suffer from same? And are there any suggestions that might help? (seems caffeine...
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.