lorazepam and Dementia - from FDA reports
Dementia is found among people who take drugs with ingredients of lorazepam, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drugs for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Pain. This review analyzes which people have Dementia with drugs with ingredients of lorazepam. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 118,725 people who have side effects when taking drugs with ingredients of lorazepam from FDA, and is updated regularly.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our original studies have been referenced on 400+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including: The Lancet, and Mayo Clinic Proceedings.
118,725 people reported to have side effects when taking drugs with ingredients of lorazepam.
Among them, 355 people (0.3%) have Dementia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on drugs with ingredients of lorazepam when people have Dementia *:
- < 1 month: 38.1 %
- 1 - 6 months: 4.76 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 38.1 %
- 2 - 5 years: 4.76 %
- 5 - 10 years: 9.52 %
- 10+ years: 4.76 %
Gender of people who have Dementia when taking drugs with ingredients of lorazepam *:
- female: 57.56 %
- male: 42.44 %
Age of people who have Dementia when taking drugs with ingredients of lorazepam *:
- 0-1: 0.6900000000000001 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.6900000000000001 %
- 20-29: 0.34 %
- 30-39: 1.03 %
- 40-49: 8.93 %
- 50-59: 8.59 %
- 60+: 79.73 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain: 40 people, 11.27%
- Depression: 38 people, 10.70%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 30 people, 8.45%
- High Blood Pressure: 28 people, 7.89%
- Schizophrenia (a mental disorder characterized by a breakdown of thought processes): 25 people, 7.04%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin: 77 people, 21.69%
- Seroquel: 72 people, 20.28%
- Lasix: 69 people, 19.44%
- Prilosec: 65 people, 18.31%
- Coumadin: 65 people, 18.31%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure: 88 people, 24.79%
- Weakness: 86 people, 24.23%
- Fall: 86 people, 24.23%
- Confusional State: 82 people, 23.10%
- Pain: 79 people, 22.25%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMelorazepam and Dementia from FDA and eHealthme reports
Drugs with ingredients of lorazepamAtivan, Loraz, Lorazepam, Lorazepam intensol, Lorazepam preservative free
Dementia (madness) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, depression, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 20,159 Dementia patients).
Drugs that are associated with DementiaDementia
Could your condition cause DementiaDementia
Analysis tools (to study 685 million drug outcomes from FDA)
- Check symptoms - identify the cause of a symptom: from a drug or from a condition?
- Check drugs - find out common side effects or drug interactions of my drugs.
- Compare drugs - compare the side effects and efficacy of multiple drugs side by side.
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who have Dementia (154 members)
Can you answer these questions
- Please help im on anxiety medication and doctor has added belsomra is there any other people who take this and doxepin im also on benzo medication too
- I am wondering if this can have very bad hot flashes that dont go away. Feels like i am drenched in sweat but im not.
- My eyes weep all day. My eyes sensitive to tv only at night. Eyes dry out at night. Crust on lashes and eyelids in morning. Though it was alergies had eye trouble since june. Take lorazepam before going to bed
- I’m a 45 year old male and I take Gabapentin @ 600 mg x 3 times a day for nerve damage caused by spine injury. Am I at risk of getting dementia ?
- Does Lorazepam cause Pulmonary Hypertension
More questions for: Dementia
You may be interested in these posts
- My husband took Ativan for 6 to 8 years, 3 mg at the last. He went off of it a few users ago and immediately started developing signs of dementia. He is in a VA dementia care home now. I blame the Ativan.
- My mom has Alzheimer's stage4+ is getting real sensitive. Don't know if she qualifies as hypersensitive but she often claims things hurt her, shouts, screams, rants, etc. My mother broke her back several years ago , though healed her balance is poor, she's getting weaker so needs assistance,...
- I don't know if this is permanent or not. I'd been taking Imbruvica for a couple of years with only the usual side effects--thin skin and nails, bleedy toes, fatigue, muscle and joint aches. Suddenly last month, soon after switching from capsules to tablets (may not be significant, that's just...
- My husband has Lew y Body and numerous drugs have been tried for depression. Now they are taking him off lexapr o and will try low dose valium.
- Can I take a probiotics with adavin
More posts for: Dementia
- Will you have Dental Caries with Sertraline?
- Will you have Cystic Acne with Cyproheptadine Hydrochloride?
- Will you have Lupoid Hepatitis with Multiple Sclerosis Relapse?
- Will you have Autoimmune Hepatitis with Multiple Sclerosis Relapse?
- Will you have Idiopathic Fibrous Hyperplasia with Tendinitis Of The Heel?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Sertraline and have Dental Caries?
- Support group for people who take Cyproheptadine Hydrochloride and have Cystic Acne?
- Support group for people who have Multiple Sclerosis Relapse and Lupoid Hepatitis?
- Support group for people who have Multiple Sclerosis Relapse and Autoimmune Hepatitis?
- Support group for people who have Tendinitis Of The Heel and Idiopathic Fibrous Hyperplasia?
- What to expect when you take Sertraline and have Dental Caries?
- What to expect when you take Cyproheptadine Hydrochloride and have Cystic Acne?
- What to expect when you have Multiple Sclerosis Relapse and Lupoid Hepatitis?
- What to expect when you have Multiple Sclerosis Relapse and Autoimmune Hepatitis?
- What to expect when you have Tendinitis Of The Heel and Idiopathic Fibrous Hyperplasia?
- A study for a 76 year old woman who takes Afinitor
- A study for a 69 year old woman who takes Potassium, Calan, Escitalopram, Lexapro, Valsartan
- A study for a 46 year old woman who takes Lasix
- A study for a 36 year old woman who takes Dyazide
- A study for a 22 year old woman who takes Xenical, Lexapro
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.