Dizziness and drugs of ingredients of meloxicam - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Dizziness is found among people who take drugs with ingredients of meloxicam, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drugs for < 1 month. This phase IV clinical study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 78,215 people who have side effects when taking drugs with ingredients of meloxicam from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Drug(s) considered in the study (i.e. both brand name and generic drugs): Anjeso, Meloxicam, Mobic, Qmiiz odt, Vivlodex.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
78,215 people reported to have side effects when taking drugs with ingredients of meloxicam.
Among them, 3,732 people (4.77%) have Dizziness
What is Dizziness?
Dizziness is found to be associated with 4,667 drugs and 5,357 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on drugs with ingredients of meloxicam when people have Dizziness *:
- < 1 month: 52.88 %
- 1 - 6 months: 16.23 %
- 6 - 12 months: 9.42 %
- 1 - 2 years: 8.9 %
- 2 - 5 years: 4.19 %
- 5 - 10 years: 7.33 %
- 10+ years: 1.05 %
Gender of people who have Dizziness when taking drugs with ingredients of meloxicam *:
- female: 75.41 %
- male: 24.59 %
Age of people who have Dizziness when taking drugs with ingredients of meloxicam *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.11 %
- 10-19: 0.47000000000000003 %
- 20-29: 1.48 %
- 30-39: 6.61 %
- 40-49: 14.12 %
- 50-59: 22.49 %
- 60+: 54.73 %
Conditions people have *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 671 people, 17.98%
- High Blood Pressure: 397 people, 10.64%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 255 people, 6.83%
- Depression: 213 people, 5.71%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 190 people, 5.09%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 175 people, 4.69%
- Stress And Anxiety: 169 people, 4.53%
- Narcolepsy (brain's inability to regulate sleep-wake cycles normally): 153 people, 4.10%
- Fibromyalgia (a long-term condition which causes pain all over the body): 135 people, 3.62%
- Psoriatic Arthropathy (inflammation of the skin and joints with kin condition which typically causes patches (plaques) of red, scaly skin to develop): 131 people, 3.51%
Other drugs people take *:
- Humira: 509 people, 13.64%
- Lyrica: 459 people, 12.30%
- Synthroid: 332 people, 8.90%
- Actemra: 324 people, 8.68%
- Vitamin D3: 322 people, 8.63%
- Enbrel: 301 people, 8.07%
- Arava: 289 people, 7.74%
- Cymbalta: 280 people, 7.50%
- Plaquenil: 269 people, 7.21%
- Methotrexate: 263 people, 7.05%
Other side effects people have besides Dizziness *:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1,164 people, 31.19%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 1,149 people, 30.79%
- Weakness: 955 people, 25.59%
- Headache (pain in head): 862 people, 23.10%
- Diarrhea: 776 people, 20.79%
- Joint Pain: 769 people, 20.61%
- Breathing Difficulty: 601 people, 16.10%
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 577 people, 15.46%
- Drug Ineffective: 573 people, 15.35%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 561 people, 15.03%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Lai SW, Lin CL, Liao KF, "Association of Meloxicam Use with the Risk of Acute Pancreatitis: A Case–Control Study", Clinical drug investigation, 2015 Oct .
Drugs with ingredients of meloxicam, their effectiveness, alternatives and more:
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on meloxicam. All drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. brand name and generic drugs) are considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Chlorhexidine Gluconate and Weight Loss - 7 seconds ago
- Cyclosporine and Taxol drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Relpax and Stadol drug interaction - 25 seconds ago
- Ultram Er and Haldol drug interaction - 38 seconds ago
- Sertraline Hydrochloride and Chromium drug interaction - 45 seconds ago
- Omeprazole and Spinal Fracture - 50 seconds ago
- Bleomycin Sulfate and Febrile Neutropenia - a minute ago
- Lexapro and Dyskinesia - a minute ago
- Tramadol and Hepatosplenic Candidiasis - a minute ago
- Coq10 and Aubagio drug interaction - a minute ago