Diarrhea and drugs of ingredients of mesna - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Diarrhea is found among people who take drugs with ingredients of mesna, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drugs for < 1 month. This phase IV clinical study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 8,536 people who have side effects when taking drugs with ingredients of mesna from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Drug(s) considered in the study (i.e. both brand name and generic drugs): Mesna, Mesnex.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
8,536 people reported to have side effects when taking drugs with ingredients of mesna.
Among them, 336 people (3.94%) have Diarrhea
What is Diarrhea?
Diarrhea is found to be associated with 4,591 drugs and 5,414 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on drugs with ingredients of mesna when people have Diarrhea *:
- < 1 month: 87.9 %
- 1 - 6 months: 8.06 %
- 6 - 12 months: 3.23 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.81 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Diarrhea when taking drugs with ingredients of mesna *:
- female: 46.1 %
- male: 53.9 %
Age of people who have Diarrhea when taking drugs with ingredients of mesna *:
- 0-1: 6.5600000000000005 %
- 2-9: 11.2 %
- 10-19: 18.53 %
- 20-29: 13.51 %
- 30-39: 5.41 %
- 40-49: 3.86 %
- 50-59: 18.92 %
- 60+: 22.01 %
Conditions people have *:
- Bone Marrow Conditioning Regimen: 69 people, 20.54%
- Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma (malignant (cancer) cells form in the lymph system): 40 people, 11.90%
- High Blood Pressure: 21 people, 6.25%
- Mantle Cell Lymphoma (cancer of lymphocytes, a type of white blood cell): 20 people, 5.95%
- Constipation: 17 people, 5.06%
- Pain: 17 people, 5.06%
- Liver Disorder (liver diseases): 14 people, 4.17%
- Neoplasm Malignant (cancer tumour): 14 people, 4.17%
- Diabetes: 14 people, 4.17%
- Fever: 13 people, 3.87%
Other drugs people take *:
- Cyclophosphamide: 117 people, 34.82%
- Methotrexate: 68 people, 20.24%
- Ondansetron: 60 people, 17.86%
- Etoposide: 52 people, 15.48%
- Dexamethasone: 49 people, 14.58%
- Ifosfamide: 49 people, 14.58%
- Furosemide: 39 people, 11.61%
- Tacrolimus: 36 people, 10.71%
- Zofran: 32 people, 9.52%
- Methylprednisolone Sodium Succinate: 31 people, 9.23%
Other side effects people have besides Diarrhea *:
- Fever: 134 people, 39.88%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 110 people, 32.74%
- Febrile Neutropenia (fever with reduced white blood cells): 103 people, 30.65%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 97 people, 28.87%
- Agranulocytosis (a deficiency of granulocytes in the blood, causing increased vulnerability to infection): 74 people, 22.02%
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 73 people, 21.73%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 65 people, 19.35%
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 60 people, 17.86%
- Abdominal Pain: 55 people, 16.37%
- Headache (pain in head): 54 people, 16.07%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Drugs with ingredients of mesna, their effectiveness, alternatives and more:
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on mesna. All drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. brand name and generic drugs) are considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Truvada and Atorvastatin Calcium drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Norco vs. Codeine, Aspirin, Apap Formula No. 3 - 6 seconds ago
- Yasmin and Bulimia - 15 seconds ago
- Valium and Exforge drug interaction - 22 seconds ago
- Seebri and Red Blood Cell Sedimentation Rate Increased - a minute ago
- Wrist Deformity and drugs of ingredients of ascorbic acid; biotin; cyanocobalamin; dexpanthenol; ergocalciferol; folic acid; niacinamide; pyridoxine hydrochloride; riboflavin phosphate sodium; thiamine hydrochloride; vitamin a; vitamin e - a minute ago
- Senna and Wheezing - a minute ago
- Senna and Cataract - a minute ago
- Calcium and Nodule - a minute ago
- Cyclosporine and Rosiglitazone Maleate drug interaction - a minute ago