Autism and Drowsiness - from FDA reports
Drowsiness is found among people with Autism, especially for people who are male, 10-19 old, take medication Risperdal and have Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. This review analyzes which people have Drowsiness with Autism. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 82 people who have Autism from FDA , and is updated regularly.
82 people who have Autism and Drowsiness are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Autism and experience Drowsiness *:
- female: 11.69 %
- male: 88.31 %
Age of people who have Autism and experience Drowsiness *:
- 0-1: 1.67 %
- 2-9: 40.0 %
- 10-19: 46.67 %
- 20-29: 3.33 %
- 30-39: 1.67 %
- 40-49: 5.0 %
- 50-59: 1.67 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder: 15 people, 18.29%
- Abnormal Behavior: 6 people, 7.32%
- Aggression: 5 people, 6.10%
- Epilepsy (common and diverse set of chronic neurological disorders characterized by seizures): 5 people, 6.10%
- Irritability: 4 people, 4.88%
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Risperdal: 23 people, 28.05%
- Strattera: 11 people, 13.41%
- Abilify: 10 people, 12.20%
- Zyprexa: 8 people, 9.76%
- Tenex: 7 people, 8.54%
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Weight Increased: 18 people, 21.95%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 15 people, 18.29%
- Drug Ineffective: 10 people, 12.20%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 9 people, 10.98%
- Aggression: 9 people, 10.98%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Experience matters! A new approach to health care:
What's next: manage your medications
- Order discounted lab tests to monitor your medications, no doctor referral required
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Drowsiness
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Autism (a mental condition, present from early childhood, characterized by difficulty in communicating and forming relationships with other people and in using language and abstract concepts) can be treated by Risperdal, Abilify, Risperidone, Lexapro, Guanfacine hydrochloride (latest reports from 3,623 Autism patients)
Drowsiness has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, stress and anxiety (latest reports from 127,146 Drowsiness patients).
Drugs that are associated with DrowsinessDrowsiness (2,797 drugs)
Other conditions that could cause DrowsinessDrowsiness (3,664 conditions)
Browse all symptoms of Autisma b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Almeida DM, Jean MR, Chystsiakova A, Monahan E, Oliveira SB, Monteiro IM, "Levetiracetam-associated acute pancreatitis in an adolescent with autism: a case report", Pancreas, 2013 Jan .
- Saeed W, Gupta N, Mendez M, "Drug induced Acute Pancreatitis in an Adolescent with Seizure Disorder and Autism", Research Journal of Clinical Pediatrics, 2017 Jul .
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who have Autism and Drowsiness
- Support group for people who have Autism (45 members)
- Support group for people who have Drowsiness (240 members)
You may be interested in these posts
- Nothing much to say. I am trying to figure out cause of drowsiness
- My son has autism and has been prescribed acutane because nothing else worked for his acne. What are your experiences while taking the drug?
- I was recently diagnosed with autism spectrum condition at a clinic. I am bisexual, with strong gay inclinations. Sometimes I masturbate many times a day, often looking at nude pictures. I am interested in BDSM, spanking and whipping. Yet I can,t seem to release these strong feelings, because I...
- I'm so glad I found this group!
- I just started Aubagio and I'm sleepy all the time. Has anyone else had this happen?
- Will you have Insomnia with Metformin?
- What to expect when you take Lamotrigine and have Elevated Liver Enzymes?
- Will you have Serotonin Syndrome with Keppra?
- Will you have Hiv with Humulin R?
- Will you have Pvt with Carvedilol?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Metformin and have Insomnia?
- Support group for people who take Keppra and have Serotonin Syndrome?
- Support group for people who take Humulin R and have Hiv?
- Support group for people who take Carvedilol and have Pvt?
- Support group for people who take Verelan Pm and have Dvt?
- Hi I am three girlfriend of a man with a inguinal hernia the size of a softball. He is a very...
- Charlene Vermeulen - I have extreme muscle stiffness and migraines caused by stiff jaw
- Hi I am three girlfriend off a man with a inguinal hernia the size of a softball. He is a very...
- My daughter is limping around the house. We tried mustard, salt, bananas, heating pad. I may need...
- Hi I'm fritz and I got oral thrush after I stop taking gabapentin. Looking for answers from the...
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.