Autism and Drowsiness - from FDA reports
Drowsiness is found among people with Autism, especially for people who are male, 10-19 old, take medication Risperdal and have Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. This review analyzes which people have Drowsiness with Autism. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 82 people who have Autism from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 11, 2017
82 people who have Autism and Drowsiness are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Autism and experience Drowsiness *:
- female: 11.69 %
- male: 88.31 %
Age of people who have Autism and experience Drowsiness *:
- 0-1: 1.67 %
- 2-9: 40.0 %
- 10-19: 46.67 %
- 20-29: 3.33 %
- 30-39: 1.67 %
- 40-49: 5.0 %
- 50-59: 1.67 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (15 people, 18.29%)
- Abnormal Behavior (6 people, 7.32%)
- Epilepsy (5 people, 6.10%)
- Aggression (5 people, 6.10%)
- Irritability (4 people, 4.88%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Risperdal (23 people, 28.05%)
- Strattera (11 people, 13.41%)
- Abilify (10 people, 12.20%)
- Zyprexa (8 people, 9.76%)
- Tenex (7 people, 8.54%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Weight Increased (18 people, 21.95%)
- Fatigue (15 people, 18.29%)
- Drug Ineffective (10 people, 12.20%)
- Nausea And Vomiting (9 people, 10.98%)
- Aggression (9 people, 10.98%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Drowsiness and Autism?
- Check symptoms - is your drowsiness caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDrowsiness and Autism from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Autism (a mental condition, present from early childhood, characterized by difficulty in communicating and forming relationships with other people and in using language and abstract concepts) can be treated by Risperdal, Abilify, Risperidone, Invega, Lexapro (latest reports from 3,623 Autism patients)
Drowsiness has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, stress and anxiety (latest reports from 127,140 Drowsiness patients).
Browse all symptoms of Autisma b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Could your drugs cause DrowsinessDrowsiness
Other conditions that could case DrowsinessDrowsiness
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
Hey everyone, I am new to the group. My husband is suffering a bad bout of diverticulitis and all he is doing is sleeping-even in the middle of the day. Is this normal? He hasn't gone to the doctor yet and is hoping he can beat it in his own. I finally called the doctor but in the meanwhile, I'm ...
Hello, I am on day 11 of an increased dose of Sertraline 200mg. I'm sleeping well, my appetite is already improving, etc etc, but I feel so groggy and headachey. Has anyone else experienced this, and does it go away? Thanks
i developed these symptomes from last day. i had also chills but ER didnt do anything after waiting 10hrs to see a dr. it has left two pills(Day 10) and i have very very vivid dreams, headache, abit vertigo, blance issue, and slept all day long. i am not taking the last two pills anyway. i am ...
Doctor wants me to take 2 Gabapentin with 1 nortriptyline at night and 1 gabapentin in the morning with Tamoxifen. I question this. I would like to know if this is safe because it makes me drowsy all day.