Will you have Weakness with Dermatomyositis - from FDA reports
Weakness is found among people with Dermatomyositis, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, take medication Methotrexate and have Fungal nail infection. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 100 people who have Dermatomyositis from FDA, and is updated regularly.
eHealthMe is a health data analysis company based in Mountain View, California. eHealthMe monitors and analyzes the outcomes of drugs and supplements that are currently on the market. The results are readily available to health care professionals and consumers.
eHealthMe has released original studies on market drugs and worked with leading universities and institutions such as IBM, London Health Science Centre, Mayo Clinic, Northwestern University and VA. eHealthMe studies have now been referenced in over 500 peer-reviewed medical publications.
How we gather our data?
Healthcare data is obtained from a number of sources including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This information is aggregated and used to produce personalized reports that patients can reference.
The information that eHealthMe collects includes:
- Side effects (including severity and how people recover from them)
- Associated conditions or symptoms
- Drug effectiveness
- Demographic data regarding drug use
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on Weakness and Dermatomyositis, and their synonyms.
What is Dermatomyositis?
Dermatomyositis (inflammation of the skin and underlying muscle tissue, typically occurring as an autoimmune condition or associated with internal cancer) can be treated by Azathioprine, Cellcept, Imuran, Methotrexate, Methotrexate sodium (latest reports from 3,524 Dermatomyositis patients)
What is Weakness?
Weakness has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 361,003 Weakness patients).
How to use the study?
Patients can bring a copy of the report to their healthcare provider to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood. It is recommended that patients use the information presented as a part of a broader decision-making process.
100 people who have Dermatomyositis and Weakness are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Dermatomyositis and experience Weakness *:
- female: 68.75 %
- male: 31.25 %
Age of people who have Dermatomyositis and experience Weakness *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 2.8200000000000003 %
- 10-19: 1.4100000000000001 %
- 20-29: 5.63 %
- 30-39: 9.86 %
- 40-49: 15.49 %
- 50-59: 22.54 %
- 60+: 42.25 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 4 people, 4.00%
- Fungal Nail Infection: 4 people, 4.00%
- Polymyositis (inflammatory muscle disease that causes weakness of the skeletal muscles): 3 people, 3.00%
- Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (an autoimmune disease, in which the body's defence system attacks itself): 3 people, 3.00%
- Interstitial Lung Disease: 3 people, 3.00%
- Type 2 Diabetes: 2 people, 2.00%
- Skin Disorder (skin disease): 2 people, 2.00%
- Connective Tissue Disorder (any disease that has the connective tissues of the body): 2 people, 2.00%
- Hyperlipidaemia (presence of excess lipids in the blood): 2 people, 2.00%
- Metastasis (spreadable cancer to other organ from origin): 2 people, 2.00%
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Rituxan: 15 people, 15.00%
- Methotrexate: 15 people, 15.00%
- Prednisone: 10 people, 10.00%
- Imuran: 8 people, 8.00%
- Prednisolone: 7 people, 7.00%
- Cellcept: 7 people, 7.00%
- Solu-Medrol: 6 people, 6.00%
- Plaquenil: 6 people, 6.00%
- Prevacid: 5 people, 5.00%
- Methylprednisolone: 5 people, 5.00%
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 35 people, 35.00%
- Rashes (redness): 28 people, 28.00%
- Drug Ineffective: 17 people, 17.00%
- Headache (pain in head): 16 people, 16.00%
- Weight Increased: 15 people, 15.00%
- Pain: 15 people, 15.00%
- Blood Creatine Phosphokinase Increased: 15 people, 15.00%
- Joint Pain: 14 people, 14.00%
- Weight Decreased: 14 people, 14.00%
- Gait Disturbance: 12 people, 12.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Weakness with Dermatomyositis?
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who have Weakness and Dermatomyositis
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
Results from eHealthMe (non-FDA) reports of Weakness with Dermatomyositis
Severity of Weakness *:
- least: 0.0 %
- moderate: 66.67 %
- severe: 0.0 %
- most severe: 33.33 %
Race of the people *:
- African American, Non-Hispanic: 0.0 %
- American Indian/Alaska Native: 0.0 %
- Asian: 0.0 %
- Hispanic: 33.33 %
- Native Hawaiians/Pacific Islanders: 0.0 %
- Two or more races: 0.0 %
- White, Non-Hispanic: 66.67 %
* Approximation only.
Drugs that are associated with WeaknessWeakness (4,311 drugs)
Other conditions that could cause WeaknessWeakness (5,096 conditions)
Browse all symptoms of Dermatomyositisa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Addiction - Drug with Ceftriaxone? - now
- Will you have Drug Abuse And Dependence with Ceftriaxone? - now
- Will you have Depressed Mood with Luvox? - a second ago
- Will you have Tardive Dyskinesia with Acetic Acid? - a second ago
- Will you have Delusional Disorder, Unspecified Type with Dulera? - 2 seconds ago
- Ibuprin vs. Medrol - 4 seconds ago
- Allopurinol and Cardizem Cd drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Metformin and Spiriva drug interaction - 12 seconds ago
- Tramadol and Cyclophosphamide drug interaction - 15 seconds ago
- Men aged 60+ who have Deep Venous Thrombosis with Actemra - 18 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 32 year old man who takes Sustanon - an hour ago
- A study for a 32 year old man who takes Lamictal, Testosterone - an hour ago
- A study for a 32 year old man who takes Lamictal - an hour ago
- A study for a 73 year old woman who takes Magnesium Carbonate - an hour ago
- A study for a 71 year old woman who takes Topiramate - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 23 year old man who takes Metformin Hydrochloride - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 70 year old woman who takes Crestor, Topiramate, Cinnamon, Ginger, Turmeric - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 61 year old woman who takes A-hydrocort, Synthroid, Lisinopril - 5 hours ago
- A study for a 50 year old woman who takes Tamiflu - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 56 year old woman who takes Bisoprolol Fumarate, Vitamin D3, Calcium Citrate, Chromium Iii Picolinate, Coversyl Plus, Magnesium - 7 hours ago
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.