Gout and Glaucoma - from FDA reports
Glaucoma is found among people with Gout, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, take medication Allopurinol and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Glaucoma with Gout. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 16 people who have Gout from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 25, 2017
16 people who have Gout and Glaucoma are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Gout and experience Glaucoma *:
- female: 43.75 %
- male: 56.25 %
Age of people who have Gout and experience Glaucoma *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (8 people, 50.00%)
- Preventive Health Care (4 people, 25.00%)
- Osteoporosis (4 people, 25.00%)
- Bone Density Decreased (4 people, 25.00%)
- Anaemia (4 people, 25.00%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Allopurinol (7 people, 43.75%)
- Vitamins (5 people, 31.25%)
- Fosamax (5 people, 31.25%)
- Propranolol Hydrochloride (4 people, 25.00%)
- Aspirin (4 people, 25.00%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Spinal Osteoarthritis (6 people, 37.50%)
- High Blood Pressure (6 people, 37.50%)
- Fatigue (6 people, 37.50%)
- Fall (6 people, 37.50%)
- Breathing Difficulty (6 people, 37.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Glaucoma and Gout?
- Check symptoms - is your glaucoma caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeGlaucoma and Gout from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Gout (uric acid crystals building up in the body) can be treated by Allopurinol, Indomethacin, Uloric, Colcrys, Indocin (latest reports from 25,564 Gout patients)
Glaucoma (increased fluid pressure in the eye with vision loss) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, glaucoma, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 32,176 Glaucoma patients).
Browse all symptoms of Gouta b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Could your drugs cause GlaucomaGlaucoma
Other conditions that could case GlaucomaGlaucoma
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
I am a 75 year old female, have glaucoma for 20 years , or let's say treated for that period of time. Have been on Latanoprost up to about 2 years ago. .then my Dr. referred me to a specialist as one eye had pressure of 26 and a small catatact. New Dr. put me on dorzolamide-timolol. brought ...
I have been taking Humira for three years. I am now experiencing gout and tendinitis. I do not eat any of the foods that normally cause gout or drink alcohol often. Anyone else experiencing this with Humira
You may be interested in these reviews
I was diagnosed with Closed angle Glaucoma, two years ago. It was a complete shock to me, as I had regular visits to my optician, my eye pressure was always ok. But I was seeing rainbows around lights and my eyes were always extremely fatigued at night, or when I was socialising having to focus ...
Hi, new to this. Third cardioversion, and they put me on xeralto. within a month, terrible pain in my right ankle. Like a sword run through it and still in it. I had previoiusly cut out meat, I don't drink. I lost 10 pounds quickly to stave off another afib. I hadn't been drinking much ...