Clonidine and Modafinil drug interactions - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Clonidine and Modafinil. Common interactions include chest pain among females and overdose among males.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes what interactions people who take Clonidine and Modafinil have. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 318 people who take Clonidine and Modafinil from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
318 people who take Clonidine and Modafinil together, and have interactions are studied.
What is Clonidine?
Clonidine has active ingredients of clonidine. It is often used in high blood pressure. eHealthMe is studying from 58,772 Clonidine users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Modafinil?
Modafinil has active ingredients of modafinil. It is often used in narcolepsy. eHealthMe is studying from 17,577 Modafinil users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
Number of Clonidine and Modafinil reports submitted per year:
Clonidine and Modafinil drug interactions by gender *:
Clonidine and Modafinil drug interactions by age *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Clonidine and Modafinil?Personalize this study to your gender and age
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Lopes E, Pereira D, da Silva Behrens NS, de Almeida Fonseca H, Calvancanti PO, de Araújo Lima TF, Pradella-Hallinan M, Castro J, Tufik S, Coelho FM, "Cataplexy as a side effect of modafinil in a patient without narcolepsy", Sleep Science, 2014 Mar .
- Teimoory M, Arefi M, Behnoush B, Bastani B, "Promethazine and Treatment Refractory Agitation in Clonidine Toxicity", International Journal of Medical Toxicology and Forensic Medicine, 2013 Mar .
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of the 2 drugs:
Common Clonidine and Modafinil interactions:
- Depression: 27 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 16 reports
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 13 reports
- Pain: 12 reports
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 11 reports
- Death: 10 reports
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 9 reports
- Diarrhea: 8 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 7 reports
- Weakness: 6 reports
Browse all drug interactions of Clonidine and Modafinil:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Clonidine side effects:
- High blood pressure: 4,845 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 3,971 reports
- Pain: 3,924 reports
- Drug ineffective: 3,784 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 3,173 reports
- Chronic kidney disease: 2,908 reports
- Acute kidney failure: 2,836 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 2,835 reports
Browse all side effects of Clonidine:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Modafinil side effects:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1,589 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 1,140 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 1,106 reports
- High blood pressure: 1,101 reports
- Depression: 1,049 reports
- Drug ineffective: 1,000 reports
- Dizziness: 897 reports
- Drowsiness: 887 reports
Browse all side effects of Modafinil:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Clonidine interactions:
- Clonidine and Aspirin: 8,368 reports
- Clonidine and Amlodipine: 8,337 reports
- Clonidine and Lisinopril: 7,798 reports
- Clonidine and Furosemide: 6,893 reports
- Clonidine and Gabapentin: 5,888 reports
- Clonidine and Prednisone: 5,401 reports
- Clonidine and Omeprazole: 5,019 reports
- Clonidine and Metformin: 4,496 reports
- Clonidine and Nexium: 4,283 reports
- Clonidine and Lasix: 4,239 reports
Browse all interactions between Clonidine and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Modafinil interactions:
- Modafinil and Xyrem: 8,073 reports
- Modafinil and Gabapentin: 3,183 reports
- Modafinil and Vitamin d: 2,986 reports
- Modafinil and Baclofen: 2,228 reports
- Modafinil and Adderall: 2,067 reports
- Modafinil and Omeprazole: 2,056 reports
- Modafinil and Vitamin d3: 1,907 reports
- Modafinil and Ibu: 1,906 reports
- Modafinil and Profen: 1,890 reports
- Modafinil and Ampyra: 1,656 reports
Browse all interactions between Modafinil and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on clonidine and modafinil (the active ingredients of Clonidine and Modafinil, respectively), and Clonidine and Modafinil (the brand names). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study. Patients in the study may take other drugs besides Clonidine and Modafinil.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Azelastine Hydrochloride and Lecithin drug interaction - a second ago
- Actos and Multiple Drug Overdose Intentional - 6 seconds ago
- Konakion and Diverticulum Intestinal - 6 seconds ago
- Zyrtec and Ocular Vascular Disorder - 6 seconds ago
- Folic Acid and Adenomyosis - 7 seconds ago
- Indomethacin and Pleurisy - 7 seconds ago
- Bifido and Loss Of Consciousness - 13 seconds ago
- Codeine and Strabismus - 14 seconds ago
- Hexabrix and Hemianopia Homonymous - 19 seconds ago
- Apixaban and Jantoven drug interaction - 36 seconds ago