Topamax: 38,820 reports
Active ingredients: topiramate
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our original studies have been referenced on 400+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including: The Lancet, and Mayo Clinic Proceedings.
Number of reports submitted per year:
How effective is Topamax?
- Migraine - reported by 965 people
- Migraine with aura - reported by 190 people
- Epilepsy - reported by 149 people
- Headache - reported by 92 people
- Migraine without aura - reported by 89 people
Alternative drugs to Topamax
Most common Topamax side effectsTopamax side effects
All Topamax side effects from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Topamax and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Do you take Topamax? Share you experience to help people like you.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Khedr YA, Khedr AH, "Sarcoidosis patient: an unexpected reaction to carbonic anhydrase enzyme inhibitor", BMJ case reports, 2013 Jul .
- Baloch M, Siddiqui MA, "Topiramate induced sudden loss of vision", JPMA, 2012 Oct .
Analysis tools (to study 684 million drug outcomes from FDA)
- Check symptoms - identify the cause of a symptom: from a drug or from a condition?
- Check drugs - find out common side effects or drug interactions of my drugs.
- Compare drugs - compare the side effects and efficacy of multiple drugs side by side.
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Topamax (327 members)
Can you answer these questions?
- Anyone have experience with bipolar being treated with latuda and Topamax?
- Hi - has anyone found the generic brands make your symptoms worse ? Thank you
- Anyone else get nauseous and vomit taking the combinations of the two meds? I take 4mg of Requip and 50mg of Topamax at night and 50 in the morning. I've cut out all gluten and dairy trying to make sure it's not food causing me to get sick. But it's usually about 30 min or less after I take my...
- Hello, I'm interested from hearing from anyone about their experience with decreased muscle tone while using Topamax. I am most curious if anyone has experienced decreased muscle tone during Topamax use and had some recovery of muscle tone after stopping the medication?
- No idea how this works, my first post so here we go... I just got put on Vyvanse and Topamax to help with my binge eating issues. I can't find much information on how the two work together. Anybody who can share your experience? The Dr said he's starting me low to see how it goes. 20mg for...
More questions for: Topamax
You may be interested in these posts
- Grace, I saw you posted awhile back I also have been on topomax for 10 plus years and have suffered with edema and water retention issues, I see a dry eyes specialist. I didn't know how to reply to you. Please get in touch maybe leave your email. I'm Kristie
- Long term topomax for seizures, seeking more info.
- 1 guess I am older than most. I also have never remembered my dreams but I sure do now and they are sure not pretty. Don’t know if anything can be done about them but if it can please someone let me know.
- I have Been taking Topamax for 10 + years. I have Dry eyes, kidney stones, excessive sleepiness, edema in my legs, pain in right side. My question is. How long does it take for symptoms to go away or improve after stopping medication?
- I have been taking both for about a month now. I'm constantly in the bathroom. Thankfully, most of gut wretching cramps have subsided, but I am still cramping. After eating, if I do eat, is when I need to be near a bathroom. Does it ever get better? Both meds are helping me for what they are...
More posts for: Topamax
- Will you have Shivering with Amitiza?
- Will you have Rigors with Amitiza?
- Will you have Chills with Amitiza?
- Will you have High Blood Cholesterol with Bladder Spasm?
- Will you have Ldl/Hdl Ratio Increased with Bladder Spasm?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Amitiza and have Shivering?
- Support group for people who take Amitiza and have Rigors?
- Support group for people who take Amitiza and have Chills?
- Support group for people who have Bladder Spasm and High Blood Cholesterol?
- Support group for people who have Bladder Spasm and Ldl/Hdl Ratio Increased?
- What to expect when you take Amitiza and have Shivering?
- What to expect when you take Amitiza and have Rigors?
- What to expect when you take Amitiza and have Chills?
- What to expect when you have Bladder Spasm and High Blood Cholesterol?
- What to expect when you have Bladder Spasm and Ldl/Hdl Ratio Increased?
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.