Abilify and Depression - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Depression is found among people who take Abilify, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Abilify and have Depression. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 94,507 people who have side effects when taking Abilify from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
94,507 people reported to have side effects when taking Abilify.
Among them, 3,566 people (3.77%) have Depression.
What is Abilify?
Abilify has active ingredients of aripiprazole. It is often used in depression. eHealthMe is studying from 98,584 Abilify users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Depression?
Depression is found to be associated with 4,236 drugs and 4,029 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Abilify and Depression reports submitted per year:
Time on Abilify when people have Depression *:
Gender of people who have Depression when taking Abilify*:
Age of people who have Depression when taking Abilify *:
Common drugs people take besides Abilify *:
Common side effects people have besides Depression *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Abilify and have Depression?Check whether Depression is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Pang, T., & Gudi, A., "Chest pain following the use of fluvoxamine in depression", Proceedings of Singapore Healthcare, 2018 Jan .
- Cetin, M., Celik, M., Cakici, M., Polat, M., & Suner, A, "Aripiprazole-Induced Hoarseness", Turk Psikiyatri Dergisi, 2018 Jan .
- Cetin M, Celik M, Cakici M, Polat M, Suner A, "Aripiprazole induced non-cardiogenic pulmonary edema: a case report", Turk Psikiyatri Dergisi, 2014 Dec .
How severe was Depression and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of aripiprazole:
- Depression and drugs with ingredients of aripiprazole (4,497 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Abilify:
- Abilify (98,584 reports)
Common Abilify side effects:
- Weight increased: 6,809 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 5,096 reports
- Drug ineffective: 4,877 reports
- Depression: 3,566 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 3,524 reports
- Suicidal ideation: 3,504 reports
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 3,232 reports
Browse all side effects of Abilify:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Depression treatments and more:
- Depression (628,541 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Depression:
- Depression in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Depression in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Depression in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Depression:
- Chantix: 11,911 reports
- Prednisone: 11,218 reports
- Oxycontin: 9,692 reports
- Aspirin: 9,458 reports
- Zoloft: 8,834 reports
- Fosamax: 8,381 reports
- Accutane: 8,074 reports
- Vioxx: 7,964 reports
- Gabapentin: 7,920 reports
- Cymbalta: 7,851 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Depression:
- Depression (4,236 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Depression:
- Multiple sclerosis: 20,384 reports
- Pain: 12,961 reports
- High blood pressure: 10,315 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 10,067 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Depression:
- Depression (4,029 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on aripiprazole (the active ingredients of Abilify) and Abilify (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Benazepril Hydrochloride and Nizatidine drug interaction - a second ago
- Dry Eyes and Ocular Hyperaemia - 7 seconds ago
- Multiple Myeloma and Hiccups - 12 seconds ago
- Arthropathy and pfizer biontech covid vaccine - 14 seconds ago
- Methamphetamine Hydrochloride and General Physical Health Deterioration - 17 seconds ago
- Ceftriaxone Sodium and Breathing Difficulty - 21 seconds ago
- Impaired Work Ability and johnson and johnson covid vaccine - 29 seconds ago
- Ceftriaxone Sodium and Indigestion - 32 seconds ago
- Lupron Depot-3 and Aggression Aggravated - 34 seconds ago
- Bone Pain and johnson and johnson covid vaccine - 35 seconds ago