Abilify and Migraine - from FDA reports
Migraine is found among people who take Abilify, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Seroquel, and have Stress and anxiety. This review analyzes which people have Migraine with Abilify. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 54,344 people who have side effects when taking Abilify from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jan, 22, 2018
54,344 people reported to have side effects when taking Abilify.
Among them, 290 people (0.53%) have Migraine
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Abilify when people have Migraine *:
- < 1 month: 42.5 %
- 1 - 6 months: 7.5 %
- 6 - 12 months: 7.5 %
- 1 - 2 years: 15.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 15.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 7.5 %
- 10+ years: 5.0 %
Gender of people who have Migraine when taking Abilify *:
- female: 81.91 %
- male: 18.09 %
Age of people who have Migraine when taking Abilify *:
- 0-1: 0.45 %
- 2-9: 0.45 %
- 10-19: 7.69 %
- 20-29: 11.31 %
- 30-39: 16.29 %
- 40-49: 36.2 %
- 50-59: 22.62 %
- 60+: 4.98 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (34 people, 11.72%)
- Schizophrenia (23 people, 7.93%)
- Narcolepsy (21 people, 7.24%)
- Sleep Disorder (13 people, 4.48%)
- Metastases To Bone (13 people, 4.48%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Seroquel (60 people, 20.69%)
- Zyprexa (46 people, 15.86%)
- Lexapro (40 people, 13.79%)
- Risperdal (39 people, 13.45%)
- Geodon (38 people, 13.10%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (65 people, 22.41%)
- Dizziness (61 people, 21.03%)
- Pain (48 people, 16.55%)
- Insomnia (47 people, 16.21%)
- Nausea (45 people, 15.52%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Migraine when taking Abilify?
- Check symptoms - is migraine caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsMigraine and drugs with ingredients of aripiprazole.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeMigraine and Abilify from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Abilify has active ingredients of aripiprazole. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Abilify 57,733 users)
Migraine (headache) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, migraine, birth control, depression, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 88,468 Migraine patients).
Browse all side effects of Abilifya b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with MigraineMigraine
Could your condition cause MigraineMigraine
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Cetin M, Celik M, Cakici M, Polat M, Suner A, "Aripiprazole induced non-cardiogenic pulmonary edema: a case report", Turk Psikiyatri Dergisi, 2014 Dec .
- Crouse EL, Alastanos JN, Bozymski KM, Toscano RA, "Dysphagia with second-generation antipsychotics: A case report and review of the literature", Mental Health Clinician, 2017 Jan .
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I am new and I was wondering who has had this problem and how do you get it treated and is it continuous if you still take abilify? Meaning do you get it treated and it keeps coming back? Also wouldn't a doctor stop this drug if Rhabdomyolysis keeps coming back or once you have it, you have it ...
User posts to the study
Has anyone else had white discharge and a missed period the first month of taking Abilify? I have lost weight but my stomach is still bloated. I feel deflated everywhere but my stomach and am constantly constipated
With no prior history of migraines until age 56, I figured something had to explain it. Now it occurs to me that I started taking Victoza that year. Dare I hope that is the reason? If so, I can stop Victoza and the migraine problem will be solved. If it continues, I'll be devastated.