Who have Shingles with Abilify - from FDA reports
Shingles is found among people who take Abilify, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Vicodin, and have Pain. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 69,325 people who have side effects when taking Abilify from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
69,325 people reported to have side effects when taking Abilify.
Among them, 65 people (0.09%) have Shingles
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Abilify when people have Shingles *:
- < 1 month: 66.67 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 33.33 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Shingles when taking Abilify *:
- female: 70.97 %
- male: 29.03 %
Age of people who have Shingles when taking Abilify *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 1.85 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 9.26 %
- 30-39: 14.81 %
- 40-49: 18.52 %
- 50-59: 18.52 %
- 60+: 37.04 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain: 13 people, 20.00%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 6 people, 9.23%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 6 people, 9.23%
- Schizophrenia (a mental disorder characterized by a breakdown of thought processes): 6 people, 9.23%
- Crohn's Disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract): 5 people, 7.69%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Vicodin: 14 people, 21.54%
- Prevacid: 13 people, 20.00%
- Albuterol: 12 people, 18.46%
- Ambien: 12 people, 18.46%
- Percocet: 12 people, 18.46%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weight Decreased: 20 people, 30.77%
- Pain: 20 people, 30.77%
- Pain In Extremity: 18 people, 27.69%
- Fall: 17 people, 26.15%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 15 people, 23.08%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Shingles while taking Abilify?
You are not alone:
Abilify has active ingredients of aripiprazole. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Abilify 72,717 users)
Shingles (a painful, contagious rash caused by the chickenpox virus) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, multiple myeloma, high blood pressure (latest reports from 47,218 Shingles patients).
Drugs that are associated with ShinglesShingles (2,154 drugs)
Could your condition cause ShinglesShingles (1,645 conditions)
Abilify side effects
- Abilify side effects (69,337 reports)
Browse all side effects of Abilifya b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Cetin M, Celik M, Cakici M, Polat M, Suner A, "Aripiprazole induced non-cardiogenic pulmonary edema: a case report", Turk Psikiyatri Dergisi, 2014 Dec .
- Crouse EL, Alastanos JN, Bozymski KM, Toscano RA, "Dysphagia with second-generation antipsychotics: A case report and review of the literature", Mental Health Clinician, 2017 Jan .
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- What to expect when you take Botox and Diazepam - now
- Will you have Stools - Watery with Delsym? - now
- Will you have Loose Bowel Movements with Delsym? - a second ago
- Will you have Frequent Bowel Movements with Delsym? - a second ago
- Will you have Diarrhoea with Delsym? - a second ago
Recent personal studies
- Drug comparison of Mucinex Dm, Amlodipine for a 49 year old man - 51 minutes ago
- A study for a 65 year old woman who takes Dexamethasone, Revlimid, Velcade - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 52 year old woman who takes Keppra Xr, Adderall Xr 25 - 2 hours ago
- Drug comparison of Lomotil, Cholestyramine for a 79 year old man - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 48 year old woman who takes Arimidex - 4 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.