Akineton and Hypersensitivity - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Hypersensitivity is found among people who take Akineton, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Akineton and have Hypersensitivity. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 5,814 people who have side effects when taking Akineton from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
5,814 people reported to have side effects when taking Akineton.
Among them, 21 people (0.36%) have Hypersensitivity.
What is Akineton?
Akineton has active ingredients of biperiden hydrochloride. It is often used in parkinson's disease. eHealthMe is studying from 5,851 Akineton users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Hypersensitivity?
Hypersensitivity is found to be associated with 3,155 drugs and 2,830 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Akineton and Hypersensitivity reports submitted per year:
Time on Akineton when people have Hypersensitivity *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 100 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Hypersensitivity when taking Akineton *:
- female: 76.19 %
- male: 23.81 %
Age of people who have Hypersensitivity when taking Akineton *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 25.0 %
- 30-39: 25.0 %
- 40-49: 12.5 %
- 50-59: 18.75 %
- 60+: 18.75 %
Common drugs people take besides Akineton *:
- Clozapine: 4 people, 19.05%
- Risperidone: 3 people, 14.29%
- Zyprexa: 2 people, 9.52%
- Glucophage: 2 people, 9.52%
- Haldol: 2 people, 9.52%
- Haloperidol: 2 people, 9.52%
- Levemir: 2 people, 9.52%
- Seroquel: 2 people, 9.52%
- Venlafaxine Hydrochloride: 2 people, 9.52%
- Voltaren: 2 people, 9.52%
Common side effects people have besides Hypersensitivity *:
- Constipation: 6 people, 28.57%
- Weakness: 4 people, 19.05%
- Peripheral Coldness: 4 people, 19.05%
- Sensation Of Heaviness: 3 people, 14.29%
- Anorexia Nervosa (psychological disorder-eating disorder characterized by immoderate food restriction and irrational fear of gaining weight): 3 people, 14.29%
- Circulatory Collapse: 3 people, 14.29%
- Sweating Increased (excess sweating): 3 people, 14.29%
- Cough: 3 people, 14.29%
- Fever: 3 people, 14.29%
- Salivary Hypersecretion (excess saliva secretion): 3 people, 14.29%
Common conditions people have *:
- Schizophrenia (a mental disorder characterized by a breakdown of thought processes): 4 people, 19.05%
- Back Pain: 3 people, 14.29%
- Stroke (sudden death of a portion of the brain cells due to a lack of oxygen): 2 people, 9.52%
- Sleep Disorder: 2 people, 9.52%
- Seizures (abnormal excessive or synchronous neuronal activity in the brain): 2 people, 9.52%
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 2 people, 9.52%
- Extrapyramidal Disorder (involuntary muscle spasms in the face and neck): 2 people, 9.52%
- Diabetic Neuropathy (neuropathic disorders that are associated with diabetes mellitus): 2 people, 9.52%
- Bipolar Disorder (mood disorder): 2 people, 9.52%
- Stress And Anxiety: 1 person, 4.76%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Akineton and have Hypersensitivity?Check whether Hypersensitivity is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Hypersensitivity and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of biperiden hydrochloride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Akineton:
- Akineton (5,851 reports)
Common Akineton side effects:
Browse all side effects of Akineton:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Hypersensitivity treatments and more:
- Hypersensitivity (238,037 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Hypersensitivity:
- Hypersensitivity in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Hypersensitivity in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Hypersensitivity in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Hypersensitivity:
All the drugs that are associated with Hypersensitivity:
- Hypersensitivity (3,155 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Hypersensitivity:
All the conditions that are associated with Hypersensitivity:
- Hypersensitivity (2,830 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on biperiden hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Akineton) and Akineton (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- How effective is Plavix for High Blood Cholesterol? - 27 seconds ago
- Viread and Fever - 28 seconds ago
- Morphine Sulfate and Spiriva drug interaction - 37 seconds ago
- Hydrochlorothiazide and Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder - 49 seconds ago
- Hydrochlorothiazide and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder - 49 seconds ago
- Multaq and Atrial Fibrillation/Flutter - 57 seconds ago
- Mesalamine and Choledocholithiasis - 57 seconds ago
- Ativan and Lung Neoplasm - a minute ago
- Novolog and Baby Aspirin drug interaction - a minute ago
- Cartia Xt and Wellbutrin Sr drug interaction - a minute ago