Who have Completed suicide with Alcohol - from FDA reports
Completed suicide is found among people who take Alcohol, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Amlodipine, and have Suicide attempt. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 9,024 people who have side effects when taking Alcohol from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
9,024 people reported to have side effects when taking Alcohol.
Among them, 1,444 people (16.0%) have Completed suicide
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Alcohol when people have Completed suicide *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Completed suicide when taking Alcohol *:
- female: 56.1 %
- male: 43.9 %
Age of people who have Completed suicide when taking Alcohol *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 4.7 %
- 20-29: 15.64 %
- 30-39: 17.62 %
- 40-49: 26.21 %
- 50-59: 22.1 %
- 60+: 13.73 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Suicide Attempt: 43 people, 2.98%
- Depression: 39 people, 2.70%
- Ill-Defined Disorder: 4 people, 0.28%
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (an anxiety disorder characterized by intrusive thoughts that produce uneasiness, apprehension, fear, or worry;): 4 people, 0.28%
- Major Depression (a mood state that goes well beyond temporarily feeling sad or blue. it is a serious medical illness that affects one's thoughts, feelings): 4 people, 0.28%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Amlodipine: 115 people, 7.96%
- Sertraline: 73 people, 5.06%
- Metformin: 65 people, 4.50%
- Zolpidem: 56 people, 3.88%
- Fluoxetine: 56 people, 3.88%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Cardio-Respiratory Arrest (sudden dysfunction of heart and lungs): 242 people, 16.76%
- Cardiac Arrest: 60 people, 4.16%
- Overdose: 60 people, 4.16%
- Intentional Overdose: 53 people, 3.67%
- Breathing - Slowed Or Stopped: 46 people, 3.19%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Completed suicide while taking Alcohol?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Completed suicide
- Subscribe to monitor Completed suicide in Alcohol
You are not alone:
Alcohol has active ingredients of alcohol. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Alcohol 9,191 users)
Completed suicide (act of taking one's own life) has been reported by people with depression, suicide attempt, stress and anxiety, schizophrenia, quit smoking (latest reports from 64,257 Completed suicide patients).
Drugs that are associated with Completed suicideCompleted suicide (1,550 drugs)
Could your condition cause Completed suicideCompleted suicide (882 conditions)
Alcohol side effects
- Alcohol side effects (9,024 reports)
Browse all side effects of Alcohola b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Tinea with Baclofen? - a second ago
- Will you have Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (Itp) with Pravastatin Sodium? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura with Pravastatin Sodium? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Itp with Pravastatin Sodium? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Pain - Head with Add? - 3 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 61 year old woman who takes Benicar - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 27 year old man who takes Azithromycin, Hydroxyzine - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 51 year old man who takes Lisinopril - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 56 year old man who takes Chantix - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 51 year old man who takes Hctz - 6 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.