Brilinta and Dementia - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Dementia is found among people who take Brilinta, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Brilinta and have Dementia. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 20,036 people who have side effects when taking Brilinta from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
20,036 people reported to have side effects when taking Brilinta.
Among them, 32 people (0.16%) have Dementia.
What is Brilinta?
Brilinta has active ingredients of ticagrelor. It is often used in stent. eHealthMe is studying from 20,333 Brilinta users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Dementia?
Dementia (madness) is found to be associated with 2,346 drugs and 1,693 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Brilinta and Dementia reports submitted per year:
Time on Brilinta when people have Dementia *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 100 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Dementia when taking Brilinta *:
- female: 50 %
- male: 50 %
Age of people who have Dementia when taking Brilinta *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 4.35 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 95.65 %
Common drugs people take besides Brilinta *:
- Aspirin: 9 people, 28.12%
- Lupron: 4 people, 12.50%
- Nitroglycerin: 4 people, 12.50%
- Lyrica: 3 people, 9.38%
- Coreg: 3 people, 9.38%
- Furosemide: 3 people, 9.38%
- Donepezil: 3 people, 9.38%
- Lasix: 3 people, 9.38%
- Norco: 3 people, 9.38%
- Carvedilol: 3 people, 9.38%
Common side effects people have besides Dementia *:
- Depression: 6 people, 18.75%
- Dizziness: 6 people, 18.75%
- Haematoma (collection of blood outside the blood vessels): 4 people, 12.50%
- Aneurysm (enlargement of an artery caused by a weakening of the artery wall): 4 people, 12.50%
- Parkinson's Disease: 4 people, 12.50%
- Head Injury: 3 people, 9.38%
- Pollakiuria (abnormally frequent passage of relatively small quantities or urine): 3 people, 9.38%
- Constipation: 3 people, 9.38%
- Death: 3 people, 9.38%
- Dementia Alzheimer's Type (loss of mental ability with alzheimer's symptom): 3 people, 9.38%
Common conditions people have *:
- Pain: 5 people, 15.62%
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (acute chest pain and other symptoms that happen because the heart does not get blood): 5 people, 15.62%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 5 people, 15.62%
- Prostate Cancer: 4 people, 12.50%
- Oedema (fluid collection in tissue): 4 people, 12.50%
- High Blood Pressure: 3 people, 9.38%
- Depression: 3 people, 9.38%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 3 people, 9.38%
- Thrombosis (formation of a blood clot inside a blood vessel): 2 people, 6.25%
- Type 2 Diabetes: 2 people, 6.25%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Brilinta and have Dementia?Check whether Dementia is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Dementia and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of ticagrelor:
- Dementia and drugs with ingredients of ticagrelor (25 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Brilinta:
- Brilinta (20,333 reports)
Common Brilinta side effects:
- Breathing difficulty: 3,075 reports
- Heart attack: 2,101 reports
- Chest pain: 1,370 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1,230 reports
- Death: 1,104 reports
- Head injury: 1,067 reports
- Dizziness: 960 reports
- High blood pressure: 810 reports
Browse all side effects of Brilinta:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Dementia treatments and more:
- Dementia (37,994 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Dementia:
- Dementia in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Dementia in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Dementia in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Dementia:
- Aspirin: 1,497 reports
- Apixaban: 845 reports
- Aricept: 756 reports
- Seroquel: 749 reports
- Revlimid: 736 reports
- Omeprazole: 716 reports
- Furosemide: 698 reports
- Lyrica: 670 reports
- Nuplazid: 660 reports
- Lipitor: 648 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Dementia:
- Dementia (2,346 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Dementia:
- Parkinson's disease: 1,514 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 1,059 reports
- High blood pressure: 1,014 reports
- Osteoporosis: 919 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 917 reports
- Multiple myeloma: 911 reports
- Depression: 809 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Dementia:
- Dementia (1,693 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on ticagrelor (the active ingredients of Brilinta) and Brilinta (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Adderall and Orgasmic Dysfunction - now
- Amisulpride and Psoriasis - 3 seconds ago
- Rebif and Plantar Fascial Fibromatosis - 7 seconds ago
- Parkinson'S Disease and Insulin-Like Growth Factor Decreased - 9 seconds ago
- Corlanor and Concomitant Disease Aggravated - 13 seconds ago
- Productive Cough and Dementia Alzheimer'S Type - 16 seconds ago
- Hypokalemia in Lexapro, how severe and when it was recovered? - 16 seconds ago
- Zetia and Amiodarone Hydrochloride drug interaction - 24 seconds ago
- Lunesta and Food Craving - 33 seconds ago
- Verapamil Hcl and Diflucan drug interaction - 41 seconds ago