Celexa and Diplopia - from FDA reports
Diplopia is found among people who take Celexa, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Neurontin, and have Multiple myeloma. This review analyzes which people have Diplopia with Celexa. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 37,736 people who have side effects when taking Celexa from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 21, 2017
37,736 people reported to have side effects when taking Celexa.
Among them, 143 people (0.38%) have Diplopia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Celexa when people have Diplopia *:
- < 1 month: 33.33 %
- 1 - 6 months: 33.33 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 33.33 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Diplopia when taking Celexa *:
- female: 61.27 %
- male: 38.73 %
Age of people who have Diplopia when taking Celexa *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 4.72 %
- 30-39: 8.66 %
- 40-49: 29.13 %
- 50-59: 22.83 %
- 60+: 34.65 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (29 people, 20.28%)
- Hepatitis C (15 people, 10.49%)
- Multiple Sclerosis (11 people, 7.69%)
- Sleep Disorder (6 people, 4.20%)
- Pain In Jaw (6 people, 4.20%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Neurontin (45 people, 31.47%)
- Zometa (36 people, 25.17%)
- Vicodin (33 people, 23.08%)
- Protonix (30 people, 20.98%)
- Zofran (29 people, 20.28%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weakness (69 people, 48.25%)
- Vision Blurred (63 people, 44.06%)
- Pain (60 people, 41.96%)
- Headache (54 people, 37.76%)
- Dizziness (50 people, 34.97%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Diplopia when taking Celexa?
- Check symptoms - is diplopia caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsDiplopia and drugs with ingredients of citalopram hydrobromide.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDiplopia and Celexa from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Celexa has active ingredients of citalopram hydrobromide. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Celexa 43,500 users)
Diplopia (double vision) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, pain, depression, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 18,351 Diplopia patients).
Browse all side effects of Celexaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with DiplopiaDiplopia
Could your condition cause DiplopiaDiplopia
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I've been taking both these medications for a while now, but I recently moved and forgot my medication schedule. I was certain that I took my Topamax in morning and Celexa at night, but have been taking both at morning since the move. I dont have insurance as of now to talk to a doctor ...
User reviews to the study
celexa may cause my weight gain and when i work out hard and eat right, not an appropriate amount of weight is shed, so when i stopped the celexa, the depression came back. what if i add topomax for weight loss? will the celexa hold on to the weight still or should i stop it again and count on ...
I've had diplopia for fifteen years and had many tests that couldn't identify the problem it's taken me twenty years to get a diagnosis for my BPD previous GP's and doctors putting it down as depression. The antidepressants made me suicidal and I ended up dead on one occasion and multiple ...